Moonspear Undone
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
O helo.

For a while, she just meandered, fragments of thought drifting through her mind. Then an idea began to take shape and solidify. It was silly, she knew, but if she sought out someone she didn't know as well—Dash, maybe, or the enigmatic Jace—then maybe she could perfect her act before trying to test it out on someone who knew her better, like Floki or Charon. Although she told herself that there was nothing, no evidence, to give away the nature of the attack—nothing to even indicate it was an attack—Wildfire still worried that she would slip up somehow and her ugly secret would be bared for all the world to see. The mere thought made shame curl, simultaneously hot and cold, twisting in the pit of her stomach.

She felt like she might retch. Then someone called her name and Wildfire's limbs locked up instantly. So much for her plan. She stared, wild-eyed, at the trees before slowly turning around to face Floki. Fake it 'til you make it! she reminded herself, ignoring the sensation in her middle as she looked him briefly in the face before dropping her eyes. It felt like someone had scooped out her guts. Act natural, her inner voice hissed and somehow, Wildfire managed to coax her amber gaze back to his face. It took quite a bit of will to keep it there.

"Hey." The word exited her mouth like a breathy whisper. Wildfire tried to force an airy laugh to pass it off but couldn't smile, much less laugh. "I'm—it's good to see you." Don't just stand there. She took a step toward him, grimacing when it came across as very mechanical. Thinking quickly, she blurted softly, "I fell while I was out exploring and I, ummm... I think my body's one giant bruise right now." She frowned again. That came easily, at least. "'S making me walk funny," she mumbled lamely.
Messages In This Thread
Undone - by Wildfire - March 07, 2016, 09:27 AM
RE: Undone - by Floki - March 07, 2016, 10:52 AM
RE: Undone - by Wildfire - March 07, 2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Undone - by Floki - March 07, 2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Undone - by Wildfire - March 07, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Undone - by Floki - March 07, 2016, 01:16 PM
RE: Undone - by Wildfire - March 07, 2016, 01:34 PM
RE: Undone - by Floki - March 07, 2016, 11:25 PM
RE: Undone - by Wildfire - March 08, 2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Undone - by Floki - March 08, 2016, 10:59 AM