Moonspear Afterlife
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When Aloe touched her, Wildfire stiffened and slid her paw away with an apologetic grimace. She didn't like being touched, particularly by strangers, even in such a harmless way. She also didn't particularly like the pitying look Aloe leveled on her. She wasn't okay, yet she wasn't about to unload her issues on a veritable stranger, even if Aloe seemed nice enough.

"I'll be fine," she said quietly. "Your story was just shocking," she explained, which was true enough regardless of Wildfire's personal experiences. "I really am sorry to hear what happened to you and Linger."

Although she felt sort of guilty, the Gamma couldn't bear to linger on the subject much longer. She eased Aloe into some idle small talk, which felt particularly awkward and forced after the heaviness of their earlier conversation.

Luckily, she was soon thereafter saved when Floki reappeared. Wildfire made a quick introduction, then excused herself. Although it was still difficult to be too close to him, it was the lesser evil at this moment in time.

Since this has been sitting a while, I went ahead and concluded it. :)
Messages In This Thread
Afterlife - by Wildfire - March 21, 2016, 08:07 AM
RE: Afterlife - by Aloe - March 21, 2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Afterlife - by Wildfire - March 22, 2016, 08:13 AM
RE: Afterlife - by Aloe - March 25, 2016, 06:41 PM
RE: Afterlife - by Wildfire - March 28, 2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Afterlife - by Wildfire - March 30, 2016, 08:46 AM
RE: Afterlife - by Aloe - April 02, 2016, 01:22 AM
RE: Afterlife - by Wildfire - April 02, 2016, 08:17 PM