Two Rivers Isle i learned the voices died with me
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
The gangster did not appreciate the display of dominance from the male — though it was admittedly lacking with the bizarrely short tail of the one who asserted himself as leader of their small band. Hardly anything of a band in the coywolf's mind but he kept this assessment to himself. As the territory was still free and the fact that Arturo had intended to claim it first kept the gangster from budging from the neutral stance he bore. He did not submit but he did not enforce his own authority, either. They were two men talking business though this had the air of being determined to head sour very quickly. Not all business deals went smoothly and sometimes they sunk to the depths of an wrathful sea...but as nothing had yet to truly start Arturo did not err to the side of pessimism.

The words that feel from the larger male's mouth left the coywolf feeling bemused. This stranger was not the first titan that Arturo had dealt with ...although the Fearghal could not help but amuse himself for a few silent moments by wondering how well he would fare — and the spectre of a woman who hovered on the sidelines — against the sea titan Skellige. Arturo hoped to never have to unleash that beast from it's chains...having no doubt that the massacre that sea titan would leave in his wake would be ...messy, and Arturo didn't like messes. He had the disadvantage of being smaller than the self proclaimed leader but Arturo had not built his empire by being the muscle. He had wolves for that — such as Skellige. He had always prided himself on his assertion of being the brains of operations.

“Well,” Arturo drew thoughtfully, politely. He was a gentleman first and foremost, after all. “Now that complicates things as I have had my eye on this Isle for some time,” Arturo informed the stranger. In some ways, the directness was unwarranted to the gangster who found this both irritating and amusing. Admittedly, the coywolf had let his exploration get the better of him, and while he had met up with his oldest son, he knew he should not have ventured so far from the Isle; but this was more complicated than “you snooze, you lose”. Arturo's world did not work like that...and Arturo didn't lose. He took a losing situation and turned it into an ...investment of sorts. “You have what...three adults and two children? More or less. Very young, from the smell of it.” This Arturo knew well: for he, himself, was a father. “That's not much of a pack, and risky.” He spoke simply with a casual shrug: but no doubt this stranger knew that. “So let us discuss this like gentleman, yeah?” For there was no reason to be anything but cordial. “Tell me about this pack of yours, why you came to be, what you aim to become.” Arturo invited politely, because he was, at the very least, willing to listen.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i learned the voices died with me - by Arturo - June 23, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Burke - June 24, 2016, 06:53 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Aeronwyn - June 24, 2016, 07:11 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Arturo - June 24, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Burke - June 25, 2016, 05:33 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Aeronwyn - June 25, 2016, 11:39 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Arturo - June 28, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Burke - June 30, 2016, 12:51 PM