Sleeping Dragon i held ghosts in my arms
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Dio shared in the very same sentiments Wildfire felt toward the pups, albeit perhaps a little less intensely if his easy tone was anything to go by. When asked if she'd spent time with them yet, she shook her head. They were still too small, though supposing Gyda and Gavriel permitted it, the yearling hoped to be very hands-on with them once they were old enough. She wanted to love them, care for them, teach them... and she didn't even know them yet.

"I'm eager to meet them and watch them grow too. It'll be good practice. I want a family of my own someday," Wildfire admitted a little bashfully. She paused right along with him as he sniffed at a shrub, then continued moving when he did. "I don't know if that'll happen, though," she continued, biting back a sigh as she thought of Thuringwethil. Even if the commander had felt the same about her and they were to get together properly—both of which seemed very unlikely at the moment—there was still the matter of biology to tackle. Still, Wildfire clung to her dream of becoming a mother.

But all of that became rather moot when something moved in the gloom. Wildfire peered sharply at the blob of a shadow in their path, trying to discern details. The air was still, though, and she could not catch a scent. And much as she squinted, all she could make out was a short, fat shape scuttling along the ground. It didn't seem to have noticed them yet, though it was only a matter of time.

Fifteen minutes later, Wildfire's teeth unlatched from the throat of an overgrown weasel. The body fell limp at her paws. She smiled at her cohort as she caught her breath; the chase had been short but intense. As soon as she was able, she bent down to pick up the carcass again, motioning for Dio to keep her company as she went back the way they had come to make the final delivery of the night.

Prey = your choice!

Edit: Tacking on a conclusion.
Messages In This Thread
i held ghosts in my arms - by Dio - June 24, 2016, 10:07 PM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Wildfire - June 25, 2016, 01:34 PM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Dio - June 27, 2016, 01:20 AM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Wildfire - June 29, 2016, 09:07 AM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Dio - July 12, 2016, 12:45 AM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Wildfire - July 15, 2016, 11:11 AM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Dio - July 18, 2016, 12:06 AM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Wildfire - July 20, 2016, 10:44 AM
RE: i held ghosts in my arms - by Dio - August 03, 2016, 04:26 AM