Blacktail Deer Plateau Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"You need two to make the act happen and it can't, if the other party is not willing," Osprey reminded him, feeling hurt by the way Peregrine talked about Crete. None of them were perfect and each of them had their own dirty laundry to wash. Atticus had illegitimate children after all and yet he received no different treatment. She said and it sounded more bitter than she had intended to: "It isn't as we haven't had our share of sins."

"Crete is part of our family too," she objected, "and it is driving me crazy not knowing, what happened to him, and you two treating this as it was no big deal." Had anyone of them even given a second thought about him, when he had disappeared? Crete had never been a coward, he wouldn't run from his responsibilities. The image Peregrine had drawn of him was not of the person she knew.

"Haven't you noticed already - I try, but I can't move on. I see Pied's kids and all I can think about is that she shouldn't have died. I see yours and I see us as kids. Always and forever - remember? Where did that go? You wouldn't give up on them, if one of them disappeared, would you?" she tried to reason with him. "Is it really good for them to see me as a sick, unhappy emotional wreck? Because that is, what I am and it won't get better, if I won't do something about it," she knew it was unfair to Peregrine to leave him at the very moment he needed her the most, but this was something she had to do for her own good.

"I will try, but I don't promise," she finished, because she had no idea, how long her search would take.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everything that kills me makes me feel alive - by Osprey - May 19, 2014, 03:46 PM