Stavanger Bay i'm a gambling man, pol
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo was not precisely sure who 'Darky' was but as he didn't think it was much of his business the gangster didn't ask. Her reasons for wanting to be an adult were just, noble even and Arturo felt himself smiling down at her, charmed by her. “That is a very noble reason,” The gangster remarked with a thoughtful rumble of approval. He did not discourage her by saying that he (nor possibly the others) did not really need protection. As it was, Arturo was typically the one who did the protecting. Instead, the gangster sought to nourish her dreams, wanted her to flourish in what she wished to succeed in. As of the moment that was being a warrior. He did not raise his children in that negative way and he wouldn't raise his future children in that way, either, adopted or biological. “I will teach you all that you will need so that when you're an adult you can protect us.” The gangster murmured in a reassuring tone. “Does that sound like a good deal?” He inquired a few seconds after wards, leaning towards her with the intent of offering her an affectionate nudge providing she let him and sat still long enough for the motion to follow through.

A warm chuckle rumbled in Arturo's throat as she spoke of eating the monsters. “I can't imagine monsters would taste very good,” He scrunched his nose up for show, playing along. Delighted by how easy it was to slip inside the role of father and how entirely unbridled he was about it. He very much doubted her father would come looking for her and if he did: well Arturo would have contingency plans in place for that. Chusi didn't need anyone in her life that would abandon her. No child deserved to live that sort of life. She needed stability. A Family. Like the Teaghlaigh. Like him.

“Skellige is the Depth's Alpha. He's Szymon's brother,” Arturo explained with practiced patience, remembering to be specific. Children tended to do better when things were specifically explained to them., in his experience. “You can just call it The Family, if that's easier.” Boadicea's native tongue was not the easiest to pronounce, admittedly. Arturo himself had only ever fancied it enough to name his children following her tradition, and accordingly his pack. “If Lotte doesn't want to leave Donnelaith she doesn't have to, and if she decides to stay where she is, you'll tell her she's always welcome to visit and sing for us, won't you?” Yes, Arturo would like that a lot, admittedly.

Arturo grinned down at Chusi at her inquiry. “Oh, I don't know,” Arturo hummed, inhaling deeply and letting out a theatrical, thoughtful sigh. “You do have some impressive teeth.” Arturo observed, glimpsing at her from the corner of his eye.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 20, 2016, 03:27 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 09:21 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 02:55 PM