Stavanger Bay i'm a gambling man, pol
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
She spoke that she didn't have any siblings and Arturo offered her a soft smile. “You wanna know a secret?” He inquired softly, giving a pause only to hear her response before he added, “I don't have any siblings either.” Arturo wasn't honestly sure what factors decided how many pups a mother would give birth to in a litter. Those dynamics were very so far above the gangster's own head. Perhaps it depended upon the mother's age, or where she was in her heat cycle when she was during the time of conception, or perhaps how many litter's she had previous played a role. He had been his mother's first but unless Duana had lied to him his children had been his ex-lover's first. Unknowingly, Arturo's brows had furrowed slightly as he contemplated it, before he realized he'd lost himself in thought and refocused his gaze upon the young Chusi as she repeated Teaghlaigh to him.

“Very good, Chusi!” The gangster praised her with enthusiasm. “That's exactly right: Teaghlaigh.” He nodded his head a few times, a warm chuckle spilling from his lips, reminiscing about how at one time a much younger Arturo would have never thought there was anything else he enjoyed being as much as a gangster. He'd learned with the birth of his children that, that wasn't true. He enjoyed being a father just as much as he enjoyed being a gangster (if not more). He knew that Chusi was not his child and that perhaps she did not even need a father. He did not set out to become that role to her, never wanting to force it upon her but he could not help his paternal and nurturing ways, nor the gentleness the girl inspired in him. They were far too ingrained within him.

She inspected his teeth, and he tried not to laugh at the 'aww' noise she made as she did it. “Someday,” The gangster drew with a breath and a slight duck of his head towards her. “Your teeth will be better than mine.” He spoke it with utter confidence. “There are things you can do to strengthen them, along side practicing spars,” Arturo told her. “Chewing on bones will help strengthen your jaw, and the calcium is good for your teeth and your bones. Playing tug-o-war helps, too.” His children had played it a lot growing up, and occasionally Arturo would join in but that had never seemed fair to him until they were older and bigger. There was no joy to be found in besting a child you had a clear advantage over.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 20, 2016, 03:27 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 09:21 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 02:55 PM