Stavanger Bay i'm a gambling man, pol
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
The Fearghal monarch watched as the child's smile faltered, as he expressed that he, too, did not have any siblings. He spent a small measure of time trying to read her expression, trying to see if he could understand what was going through her head. Arturo had only aimed to curb any feeling of isolation she might have been feeling by being an only child by drawing a similarity between him and her. There were still differences, of course. Boadicea had been around to raise him, even if she had turned an ignorant eye towards the hell her pack had made his life until he'd been old enough to retaliate. Old enough to kill. Arturo's brow furrowed when the girl pressed her head against his shoulder and nuzzled., assuring him that it was okay, that he had her and that he didn't have to be lonely anymore. Admittedly, the gangster was baffled by this extreme and abrupt role reversal they had taken, though he kept his poker face in place to hide the fact that he was busy analyzing what the hell had just happened. Was he lonely? He didn't think so. He'd drawn strength and companionship from The Family, and when his children had been around and young, when they had still needed him, he'd been far from lonely. Even Duana though they had disagreed on many things had offered good companionship until their relationship had drawn to a natural end. “Thank you, Chusi.”

Their conversation made it's way back to Ravensblood Forest and Arturo was secretly glad for the chance of conversation, still feeling like it should have been him assuring her that she didn't have to be lonely anymore and definitely not the way it'd gone. The Ceannasach's lips pursed for a few seconds as he contemplated her question. I think so,” He told her honestly, contemplative. “We will not want for prey. The tall sequoias will offer plenty of shelter against bad weather and heavy snows. They will keep us cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. The north and south borders are protected by towering spires from the mountain ranges that run parallel to one another. Plus we will be close to the Depths and Donnelaith so they can visit us easily and vice versa.” Tactically speaking: it was a good place to lay down roots and build his empire. Close to his allied pack. Fortified. Self-sustaining.

“I can bring you a bone, or keep one for you in Teaglaigh,” Which reminded him... “How long do you need to say your goodbyes? When should I return for you?” Arturo inquired wanting to iron out a day with her for him to return to ensure she had enough time to do ...whatever she needed to. Ask Lotte if she was interested, and inform them that she was parting. Arturo assumed it wouldn't take long but he certiantly didn't want to rush her.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 20, 2016, 03:27 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 09:21 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 02:55 PM