Redhawk Caldera when i see you again.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley felt her daughter lean into her and turned her gaze down to the top of the little wolf's head. She was so big now. Soon enough they'd probably be the same height, though Fin would have been surprised if Liffey were to ever surpass her. She had been so much smaller that day she'd left the Caldera, standing at Elwood's paws, gazing up at her with eyes that held confusion and worry. Fin hadn't seen that face at the time, but it had haunted her while she was away. She'd left all of them while they looked at her like that, each of them the same hurt, miserable face - Liffey, Eljay, Elwood, and Peregrine too.

That was the last look he had ever given her.

"Did I ever tell you that one time, your Uncle Peregrine told me I reminded him of his brother?" Fin said suddenly, her voice quiet but touched with humor, "His brother who was at the time suffering from brain damage and couldn't remember his own name?"  She chuckled to herself as she remembered it - the two of them, covered in mud, bantering back and forth together while attempting to drown his fleas. Fleas that she, to this day, did not at all suspect were STDs.

"That was the day we became friends," she added, thinking of the deal they had made that they would always be permitted to be shits to each other so long as they both always took it when it was the other's turn to deal it. She'd leave that part out for the five-month-old.

Messages In This Thread
when i see you again. - by Finley - December 03, 2016, 06:08 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 03, 2016, 08:41 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 03, 2016, 08:51 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 03, 2016, 09:05 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 03, 2016, 09:20 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 03, 2016, 09:30 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 08, 2016, 07:44 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 08, 2016, 08:45 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 08, 2016, 08:57 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 08, 2016, 09:07 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 22, 2016, 06:45 PM