Northstar Vale The Animal I Have Become
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
For a time Saena was content to listen. She could relate to wanting to be present and available should a need arise, but Saena had never been a very present presence even in the pack she led in the past. The truth was that even if she wanted to always be around, she never seemed able to settle. The call of the horizon was always stronger than the call of duty. In a way, she supposed she'd always heeded the wild's whispered word, letting her paws take her where they would with little heed for those affected by her absences. To this day, she didn't know it was her ceaseless wandering that drove her former mate into the arms of another, and even if she did, she'd have hotly denied it, preferring to hold ranging dear to her heart than any wolf.

But that was something she kept deep inside, where her pack mates need not know about it. Saena was and always had been a bit of a flight risk, and Duskvale would not stand with the knowledge that its first female was not often content to remain at home for long periods of time. Better that they not know, lest they think her irresponsible, whilst she attempted to wrestle that part of herself under control.

The first had no thoughts to share on his statements except quiet nods and mmhms, but his question brought a wry smile to her lips. "We don't need to be secretive," she opined, not knowing whether Warbone felt similarly on the matter or not. She'd never been one for secrecy, and in fact, found it a very off-putting quality of anyone, pack or wolf. Ironic, given her previous private thoughts. "Any wolf can easily smell us out and know our numbers and our compilation," she explained as she picked her way around a fallen log, "so to try to keep any of that under wraps is sort of a futile effort. Better to be frank about it if anyone asks, lest they seek us out themselves anyway. Of course, if they're haughty about asking, or you don't feel respected enough, it's your discretion whether to speak with them or bite them. Never forget that despite our differences from other packs, Duskvale belongs to us, and being disrespected on your own turf is the worst kind of insult."
Messages In This Thread
The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 17, 2016, 09:17 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - November 18, 2016, 08:01 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 18, 2016, 08:38 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - November 19, 2016, 09:30 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 19, 2016, 10:09 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - November 20, 2016, 11:57 AM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - November 28, 2016, 05:11 AM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - December 04, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Zephyr Maverick - December 08, 2016, 09:09 PM
RE: The Animal I Have Become - by Saēna - December 10, 2016, 01:14 PM