Bramblepoint I won't stumble back
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
It was odd how the Caldera could begin to feel so suffocating by becoming so empty. Liffey stared at her toes as she rested beyond the territory borders, counting on them how many they had lost. Uncle P, Gannet, Fox, Kaizer, and now Whip. The girl gave a sad little whine as she considered counting her own parents and brother in there as well for while Eljay had sunk away from her into the melancholy he always seemed to have, Elwood and Finley had been forced to step up and act as alphas and parents to an empty pack and someone else's puppies. The six month old tried not to feel bitter, but it was hard to help herself. She'd just gotten her moms back. Life was just getting back to normal. And now it was all messed up, and Liffey felt so very alone.

Leaving the Caldera still made her feel uncomfortable, but it was something she was getting used to slowly. Bramblepoint had been where Lagan had run off after the fight, and so it was here that she came more often than not. This place was familiar at least, and it was also big and empty. She could breathe here at least, even when she felt like crying. Having just finished a session of the later, Liffey stood and shook herself off before turning in the direction of home. She hadn't been gone long, but it had been long enough, and the last thing she wanted was for her parents to worry when they had so much else to worry about. Liffey wasn't so selfish as to be unaware of that, at least.

The young wolf had gone less than half a mile before she heard the sound of another. Her brows furrowed when she heard it as the hair along her neck and spine prickled. She wanted to run for it, but what if it heard her and followed? And also... what was it anyway? As usual, curiosity won out and soon enough, Liffey was creeping along towards the noisemaker with her head slung low and ears pinned back with anxiety.

It didn't take her all too long to find the stranger. Liffey peered through the brush at her for a moment, assessing the situation. She didn't know this wolf and that made her uneasy. But she looked sad, and so the young Blackthorn couldn't help herself as she stepped into view, trying to look as non-threatening as possible (though she needn't have worked so hard considering who she was in the first place).

"Hi," Liffey said in a small voice, blinking her large orange eyes at the other girl, "Are you okay?"
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 02, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 02, 2017, 04:35 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Jackrabbit - January 02, 2017, 04:55 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 02, 2017, 07:42 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 02, 2017, 08:04 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 10, 2017, 06:23 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 14, 2017, 10:17 AM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 25, 2017, 12:55 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 25, 2017, 08:35 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 26, 2017, 02:25 PM