Wapun Meadow Courtship and Pronghorns
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
-.- I was in the middle of typing a response when I accidentally clicked on a Bookmark link on my laptop and when I hit the back button the entire reply was gone. God f*cking damn it.

Majesty smiled at Erika's responses to his touch, happy that he could do those things to her. He was happy she didn't pull away. He was happy in general. When her stomach growled, he grinned in amusement. "I guess I have to catch one now," he said, "lest someone becomes grumpy with me."

He turned to face the pronghorn, who had become skittish once Erika had entered the Meadow. That would make it harder to hunt them, but he didn't mind the challenge. He decided to go after a female, whose horns were small and less deadly than the males', and scouted one out. The one he decided on was on the outer edge of the group, and seemed somewhat oblivious to him, which was good. Though he knew she would run the moment she noticed him, so he would have to be careful.

He dropped into a crouch and got as close to the group as he could. When they all lifted their heads at once, he quickly rose and sprinted after the female, who turned and darted away with the rest of her group. He charged after her, hoping that his stamina would win against her speed. He could run quickly, of course, but most prey animals could outrun their hunters - it was built into them to be sprinters.

It took a while, but eventually, the group tired and began to slow. It was then that Majesty lunged forward and sunk his claws into the female pronghorn and dragged it down. The rest of them scattered to the wind, and he dragged the now dead female over to Erika. He paused before offering her the first pick of what to eat from the creature. He always said a small prayer of thanks, and if Erika gave him a funny look or questioned him about it, he wasn't sure what he would do. He needed her to accept this silly habit.

After a moment, he bowed his head and said, "Gods and Goddesses of the Earth, I give thanks to you for this sacrifice so that Erika and I may nourish our bodies, minds, and spirits. May this creature find peace in her soul and wander the Summerlands undisturbed for eternity. So mote it be."

After the prayer, he looked nervously up at Erika, wondering what she would say in response to it...
Messages In This Thread
Courtship and Pronghorns - by Majesty - June 13, 2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Erika - June 13, 2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Majesty - June 13, 2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Erika - June 14, 2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Majesty - June 14, 2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Erika - June 14, 2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Majesty - June 14, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Erika - June 14, 2014, 08:23 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Majesty - June 14, 2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Erika - June 14, 2014, 09:06 PM
RE: Courtship and Pronghorns - by Majesty - June 14, 2014, 09:30 PM