Ankyra Sound The retelling of an old story
moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Corva could not detect the precise emotion that the stranger had felt but she pinpointed it somewhere around disappointment.  His words were more crisp than she was used to hearing from him.. but wasn't that how it always ended up?  Those that were fond of her did not often stay that way for long and she could not help but feel just the slightest bit of dismay at his question.  I do not know.  Not here.

It was the truth in the only way she could vocalize it.  There were many things that kept the shade from staying in one place for too long.  Just because Cecil liked her did not mean his pack would feel the same, and even if they could grow to tolerate her who knew how long that would be for?  No.  She had stayed with packs before, briefly, and it always ended the same.  No matter how she tried to harden herself, she had a lamb's heart in a world of wolves.

Late, too late, he tells her that she doesn't have to hurry and even though she knows she must leave she questions him.  What is there for me here?  What is there for me anywhere?  The words have a bite to them, although she is not intending to be cruel, how can it not be?  You are the only tie I have to this place, she laughs, and I don't even know your name.  These words are softer.

She gazes upon the man under the soft veil of moonlight and sighs. I am in no hurry to leave, but I am in no hurry to stay, either.  Convince me.

and i'll be at the back of your mind
waiting for you

Messages In This Thread
The retelling of an old story - by Cecil - August 16, 2017, 10:02 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Corva - August 17, 2017, 07:11 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Cecil - August 17, 2017, 08:16 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Corva - August 17, 2017, 08:35 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Cecil - August 17, 2017, 09:37 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Corva - August 19, 2017, 11:40 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Cecil - August 20, 2017, 08:24 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Corva - August 20, 2017, 08:54 PM
RE: The retelling of an old story - by Cecil - August 20, 2017, 09:18 PM