Silver Creek miserere mei, deus
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
wc:625
--------------------------------------------------
The invitation she received was friendly and warm, and Oryx moved forward, tail waving silently from side to side, its feathered, white tip flicking slightly whenever it changed direction. She looked up to Addison above all the others, as she had established herself at the meeting, and though it made her worried that she might err in the woman’s presence, she also sought guidance, and to learn from the majestic Odolf’s example. She didn’t seem at all unkind, though her silvery gaze was difficult to read, simply due to the pale-white hue they possessed that seemed to lack innate warmth.
She was surprised, when she approached Addision, how small she actually was. She had pictured Addison in her mind as this large, intimidating creature, about the size of a male when compared to all the other females- but as Oryx made her way to Addison’s side she realized then that they were actually quite similar in build, though Oryx’s posture bent to reflect a rank she believed that she held in comparison to the one that Addison had. But that was simply a trademark of hers, to move as though stalking, with knees slightly bent, to show deference should anyone catch sight of her before she could assume the pose herself. At one point, Oryx had been a deadly hunter- as light and feathery on her feet as a fox, and while she had not lost the daintiness she’d possessed then, she did not consider herself to be a hunter any more. Hunting was allowed for women but...As it was frowned upon, she wished not to be noticed for doing anything that might earn her a disappointed look.

Her ears flick in response to Addison’s question, and though she maintains a somewhat far-off expression on her face (eyes always roving for the sign of something that might be medicinal and still in good enough shape to harvest before the winter) she considers her response for a moment before she turns her head just slightly and nods, an appreciative but small smile on her features. ”Oh, very well,” She said, her words reverent and brimming with adoration. ”This life is perfect for me.” She said, and indeed it was. Oryx was of a meeker constitution than any male wolf, generally speaking of course, so she liked the fact that she could rest into a role that suited her much better.

When the question of the other females came up, she nodded again, though something tightening her her jaw might have hinted that there was something slightly holding her back. Truth be told, she hadn’t bonded very closely with any of the others. In the end, it might have been an asset to her, to avoid bonding with the others if they were found to be lacking in the ideals shared by the true wolves of Rosings. Instead of speaking about that, though, she chose another topic, which was very much the truth. ”They are kind. Emerson...I should like to get to know your sister better as well. She has a kind aura,” She admitted, hoping that Addison would take that as a compliment. ”I must admit that I don’t know the others very well,” She said, though perhaps she more meant that she hadn’t quite made up her mind about them...As she had spent some time with Faeryn in particular, but did not want to comment about what she thought of her. ”But I will do my part to get to know them better,” She resolved. Naturally, it was only polite to turn the conversation back to Addison. ”Are you faring well too, Addison?” She asked, hoping for a positive answer.
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
miserere mei, deus - by Addison - November 21, 2018, 05:19 PM
RE: miserere mei, deus - by Oryx - November 21, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: miserere mei, deus - by Addison - November 25, 2018, 10:11 PM
RE: miserere mei, deus - by Oryx - November 26, 2018, 01:58 PM
RE: miserere mei, deus - by Addison - December 06, 2018, 10:50 PM