Heron Lake Plateau I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her loud cry echoed in the crisp November air and Wildfire held her breath, shooting Kiwi a look of wild-eyed hope even as she strained her ears for a reply. Yet none came. Frantically, she thrust her smudged snout into the air, exhaling in a rush before refilling her lungs. Bat's scent veritably swamped her nose and her breath hitched into a sob. Leaving Drageda had been perhaps the most controversial and difficult choice of her life, yet it had led her straight to her little girl.

"She's here," Wildfire said rather breathlessly to Kiwi, Sequoia and Buckshot (who probably didn't understand what was going on in the least). Despite the lack of response, the rundown mother allowed herself to bask in the scent, wrap herself in it like a warm, comfortable blanket. Wildfire didn't know the how or when or why but there wasn't a doubt in her mind that she—that all of them—would soon be reunited.

But it wasn't Bat who came to them, nor another relative, as Wildfire had hoped. The face was familiar, though, and she placed it after a moment. "Niamh," the fiery she-wolf breathed, "yes. My daughter, Bat." In her excitement, she'd nearly forgotten the other, more primary reason she stood here at the borders with three wolves at her back. With a breath, a swallowed whine and a quiver of her muscles—there was part of her that wanted to run headlong into the territory in search of her daughter—Wildfire marshaled her thoughts. "We've left Drageda. We're hoping to join the Redhawks. I smelled her as soon as we arrived. Bat..." She was here... but where was she?
Messages In This Thread
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Wildfire - November 29, 2018, 03:28 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Kiwi RIP - November 29, 2018, 08:19 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Sequoia - November 29, 2018, 10:17 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Buckshot - November 29, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Wildfire - November 29, 2018, 11:06 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Kiwi RIP - November 29, 2018, 11:59 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Elwood - November 30, 2018, 11:37 AM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Sequoia - November 30, 2018, 03:52 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Wildfire - December 02, 2018, 04:29 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Kiwi RIP - December 04, 2018, 08:27 PM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Sequoia - December 11, 2018, 10:03 AM
RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - by Elwood - December 11, 2018, 10:59 AM