67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

He knew she was there. He’d heard her coming, smelled her scent in the air. Having to rely so heavily on his sense of hearing left little chance for anyone to be able to sneak up on him. This was a good thing in most cases. Even knowing she was there, he’d continued with his soft cry. Not a day went by that he didn’t think of those that had come to this place with him, and how they were all gone, save for one; Julooke. It was still painful for him to think of his brother having left without so much as a single word. And it was hurtful that Verrine was gone as well. What made it even more painful was thinking about how if it hurt him this much, even after it had been several weeks, how hard was Julooke taking it? He hadn’t really talked to her much, choosing to give her space instead. He didn’t want to add to her sadness with that of his.

His song continued as she slid up beside him. The feel of her fur brushing against his sent a little shiver down his spine, while the feel of her nose against the side of his neck elicited a slight wag of his tail against the ground behind him. Her voice joined with his and, for the first time in a long time, Yildun, in that moment, felt like he was where he was truly meant to be. The sightless young male felt like he belonged here, not anywhere else. And it felt good, leaving him feeling warm inside, for the first time in a very long time. Koontz joining his song meant more to him than anything had in that same amount of time.

As his song slowly died down, he lowered his head and turned his face toward her so that he could touch his nose to the side of her neck. “Thank you.” His voice was hushed, barely above a whisper.

Messages In This Thread
all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - September 18, 2013, 05:35 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - September 25, 2013, 10:03 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - September 25, 2013, 10:27 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - September 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 03:33 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 05:56 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 09:08 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 09, 2013, 10:20 AM