Sun Mote Copse Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM?
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Kiwi took the opportunity to question her mother's choices. Wildfire fielded the first one with a bob of her head and the words, "You know, I didn't think I did. I was perfectly happy with what I already have: chiefly, you and Seq. But instincts are powerful driving forces. You'll understand when you're older and you go through a heat of your own. I hate to admit it but it's really a matter of hormones overruling reason.

But,"
the Sovereign continued in the very next breath, "now that my heat's ended and I can think more clearly, I do want them. It's hard to describe the reasons why, though I'll try. I know that I want to see Eljay as a father; I think he'll be a very, very good one. I know that I'd like another chance to raise a litter. I've made a lot of missteps and mistakes, though I don't think any of you turned out too bad." She smiled a little, tail waving. "I'm more experienced now and I think I have a better handle on it. And..."

Wildfire drew in a breath, then bit her lip. She exhaled, then admitted, "I'd like to find out what it's like to raise children outside of Drageda and its customs. Firebirds is still young but we've already established some of our governing principles. Now that you're a leader with me, it's your job to cultivate those alongside me, to lead by example. That'll include your younger brothers and sisters. It's entirely up to you how involved you want to be when they're born," Wildfire finished, "but I know I'd be honored if you'd help with their upbringing, Ms. Regent."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't we just relax and turn on the radio? Would you like AM or FM? - by Wildfire - January 24, 2019, 08:22 PM