Swiftcurrent Creek Pick you up, let you down
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
Some part of her had realized, that day at the borders, just how much this single incident has truly changed her — but she hadn't really realized. Not until she met Liri. The encounter had shaken her more deeply than she'd thought possible, had made her see things in herself she'd never known existed. She must have laid there for hours after the woman had left, blank and hollow save a single dark seed planting itself in her mind; the only way she can think to fix this. Or, if not fix it, at least remove a problem, though she shudders to think of it that way.
She doesn't dare to wonder at Kavik's state as she approaches his den with purpose. She'd seen the grief in Liri's gaze, and understands enough of loss to guess at what she might find there. She doesn't get that far, though; it seems quite sudden when their paths cross, and her surprise triggers a momentary bolt of nausea. Her gaze drops briefly and she swallows hard, halting the moment she sees him. Kavik, She says immediately, ears laying back against her skull as she takes in the sight of him. It suddenly feels cruel to ambush him with this — but it cannot wait. I-I'm sorry — I can — I can get rid of them. The pups — before they're born. And then I'll go, and you won't have to see me again. It all comes out in a rush, voice tremulous and breaking slightly toward the end, and for a moment she almost wants to take it back. But she swallows the feeling instead, reminding herself that Kavik's pups should never have been hers anyway — that this is the only way she can correct that mistake.
"Common" | "French"
Messages In This Thread
Pick you up, let you down - by RIP Kavik - January 30, 2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by Alessia - January 31, 2019, 12:14 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by RIP Kavik - January 31, 2019, 12:36 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by Alessia - January 31, 2019, 12:46 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by RIP Kavik - January 31, 2019, 01:04 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by Alessia - January 31, 2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by RIP Kavik - January 31, 2019, 02:09 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by Alessia - January 31, 2019, 02:39 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by RIP Kavik - January 31, 2019, 03:21 AM
RE: Pick you up, let you down - by Alessia - January 31, 2019, 11:28 AM