Shadewood “Til’ Death Do Us Part?”
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Her happiness had swelled around them both in a tidal whirlpool of joy, pulling them both down the swirls of azure bliss. Her complete glee had drowned him, and through the waves of relief, he allowed the current of powerful love to wash over him until he paddled back to shore.

After her kisses had subsided enough for him to savor them individually, he took a deep breath, enjoying the last trickle of light before he brewed dusk. “I love you, Gwen. Please remember that.” His crown bowed to the arctic angel before he continued his ongoing torment, summoning the start of the hideous monster. “Because I want you to be with me forever-“

Finally opening his eyes and meeting her seadepth gaze, “and I don’t want to lose you to a second litter of children.”

The Phantom wasn’t clarifying enough, he surmised. He had to either make it or break it.  “We both grow, Gwen. We are not the youth we once were. It wasn’t too long ago that I was bested at stealth by some random adventurer, and I was lucky to make it from that encounter, alive. Should that man have been one of the Nightmares, I would have been easily killed.” While it hurt him to admit his flaws, it was the truth, and he wouldn’t hide it from his better half. “You are my reasoning, Gwen. You are where my heart beats, where my mind is, where I return for rest, comfort...so I don’t ever want to lose you.”

Another breath. “And this is why you and I will only be having one litter. Because if I lose you to childbirth, I will be incapable of forgiving, of even loving the litter, because they will be who took you from me. They will die,  because I will kill them.” 

The finality was harsh. And it was unexpected from the hopeful father. But again, he valued honesty, the purest diamond for his wife, rather than offering fake jewels. 

“There is one of our members who has offered herself as a wife to me. I do not vie for the terms nor context of how she phrased her culture...but I am familiar with it. While I would consider her a surrogate for us, she considers it wifely. She is young, and capable. She has skills in keeping homes and raising youth. She keeps to herself and minds her tongue, speaking only when spoken to. But should we accept this offer of hers, she would be able to implement her abilities for our personal use.” 

Raziel listened to himself, bitter over this shabackle. “There are no feelings between us - she does this only because I’ve saved her life. It is her culture’s customs. But ultimately the choice is up to you. I bring this to you for you to know of what happens in our home. I’ve never hid anything from you. Even those years ago, such stands.”

He had done it. He’d admitted to her the entirety of the truth. “If you would like to speak to her, I’ve no problem calling for her.”

Messages In This Thread
“Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 04, 2019, 03:36 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 04, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 04, 2019, 04:03 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 04, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 05, 2019, 09:16 AM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 05, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 05, 2019, 12:07 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 05, 2019, 12:37 PM