Shadewood “Til’ Death Do Us Part?”
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Her inability to meet his face, one she had readily kissed less than a minute ago, it had brought global warming to the oceanic caps that had began to melt under her pain. She could hide her agony from the world should she choose; but had been her most loyal of servants. He read her as the most laid book over a mahogany study table, the sway of a bright candlelight providing textbook illustration, the golden glow showing images screaming at him how close the flame lay to the fragile pages of Gwen. 

Her words, however...

The torment caused a stir of panic in him, a tsunami of fresh melted chill that erode his own composure. Her hurt brought him far from himself, aiming to carve despair into whoever had scorned his wife- even if it had been himself. “I would! Had I been unable to grant you children, should you desire that motherhood so dear, I fucking would, Gwen. And I wouldn’t regret it.” His throat caught even as he forced words out that bled jagged caverns across his voice. It was straggled, deprived of the luster he had blanketed his usual conversation tone with her. “It’s not your interest I aim for with this, Gwen. Be damned interests. It’s your LIFE I want to keep with me. For once, I am trying to keep someone alive rather than take their life away!” 

That was all he could break from the trying against the deft tides of Storm his heart stirred emotionally. Because all he could breathe free from the shores, “I would have killed you with these children...I’ve killed enough as it is. I’ll be damned if you’re one to join my list.”

The wounded dove tried to push the fault as her own, and his heart beat a feeble rebuttal, voice cracking as he was caught at an impass. 

“No! Don’t you dare do that shit to yourself! It would not be your fault and you know it. It would have been mine, as I would have been the one to get you pregnant, Gwen. Just as whoever the fuck forced themself on you whenever, this would be no different. And you can’t phrase it any differently to change my mind. This is fact.”

But that would be the thing...she couldnt trust him with the children. He couldn’t trust himself either, as after he would have killed each child...

He would kill himself, next.

Guilt shadowed his already closing face. But she knew it. Everything on him, he had given her. The final piece was the key to him, his entire existence. And he had felt her simply set it down on the now cooling floor of their den, as she picked herself up, and floated away. The white shadow had left the dark ghost to mourn his loneliness, to settle and simmer in his irrevocable decision. But to be in this den they had once shared, to even be where memories had brought only laughs and joy, love and kisses, hugs and heart warmth ; he couldn’t. It was hollow now, the walls oozed with numbing words and murky haze as the heat built from what just transpired. 

Standing, he too walked out, giving her her space. 
If there was one thing he understood, 

It was solitude.

Messages In This Thread
“Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 04, 2019, 03:36 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 04, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 04, 2019, 04:03 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 04, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 05, 2019, 09:16 AM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 05, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Cry - February 05, 2019, 12:07 PM
RE: “Til’ Death Do Us Part?” - by Gwen - February 05, 2019, 12:37 PM