Silver Creek Sorry I was too busy looking at your eyes
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He was so confident and reassuring that before she could even help herself her eyes had filled with tears and were drip dropping down the soft downy fur of her cheeks. He said things that all made sense, that with time and work she would be back in a good place. She wouldn't be in poor standings for very long. She gave him a watery smile and ducked her head, quickly wiping her eyes on the fur of her legs. "You're right Dawson. I only need to prove that I am still a useful wife and in time everything will smooth over" she said and took a slow inhale, releasing it after a moment. It was then that he made the comment of Grayson and she almost gasped, her eyes flying wide and then dropping to her paws. Ouch. That rubbed salt right in the almost closed wound. He continued to dig in the Barbs and while they stung she held her tongue, sighing softly. 

It was impolite not to answer and he was being so sweet she couldn't even consider trying to avoid the question. So she looked up at him, expression open and showing her confusion and sadness. "I did love him, My whole life. I wanted nothing more but to please him. But...I do think I was more of a kid sister to him or perhaps just...a damsel in distress" she said this without bitterness, a small smile curving her lips as she looked off into the forest. "Now though, I've realised I am not to be his wife. He's always loved women of all kinds yet he really hasn't given me much of a glance and I'm no longer bothered, because I do love him just not romantically any more, as a friend and maybe a sister. I wish him the best and I pray his chosen treats him like the fine gentleman he is." the answered flowed from her lips, pryed from deep inside of her by the honeyed truth serem that was Dawson's poetic words. 

She felt freed by the sheer truth of what she had said. She smiled brightly, light coming back into her eyes "One day I will be given a man to love and satisfy. When that day comes I will love them with the attention I gave Grayson, except this time there will be no mistakes" she said this with certainty, with strength. Her heart shone in her eyes and for the first time, Lilah began to see herself as a woman worth loving, a truly beautiful specimen of feminity and it showed.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorry I was too busy looking at your eyes - by Dawson - February 18, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: Sorry I was too busy looking at your eyes - by Dawson - February 25, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Sorry I was too busy looking at your eyes - by Lilah Silverback - February 25, 2019, 04:38 PM