Dragoncrest Cliffs & Lord, if I’ve never had courage in my life before, let me have it now —
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Her stomach dropped when she heard the howl rise up to the winds. It came so soon, she thought! Although she knew, even if not by the finest details, she understood. Everything was crumbling around her, even when she had just begun to find her own footing after everything, heartache after heartache--so really, what would some more be?

Opalia would go to see them off, but she could not yet go--not with them, or anyone this soon. With her brother, there was unfinished business, and she knew he loomed back and away. Now that the weather was warmer and the pale skayona had helped her build her confidence abroad, this young gona believed they could achieve almost anything.

She came upon the gathered wolves silently, and feeling uneasy, she approached Aure first. Opalia knew Verx would be here, but Blodreina too? And the others? Her mismatched eyes flicked over them, then lowered. Aure.. she murmured, somber, and reaching to nose beneath her chin and then staying close. Blixen and her father wanted to usher them back to the new heda, it seemed, and the budding warrior only wished they could all stay together like this and heal together, safe and protected. We still have unfinished business, Dacio and I.. she told her, but then what? Would they go back to Trigeda? Perhaps Sangeda, or some other -geda that their family only knew about. Opalia didn't know their names, or if she would be theirs one day. Her heart still felt tied to the cliffs of her birth, even after it all, Drakru first and foremost. I don't know what will happen after, she said in tired trigedasleng, hoping they could all reunite one day soon and all would be as picturesque as they deserved.

The Drakru were dispersing and it was difficult for her to process, and terrifying to attempt to understand. Her ears fanned back, but she was determined to bite back the whine she felt rise up her throat. You will be alright, right? she stepped back, hovering slightly as the hurts tied her throat shut.

She had hoped to help guard Aure's pups one day soon, maybe teach them how to be fierce and watch them meet the ocean for the first time. It had been a new aspiration, one quickened by her time spent on the road, alone with the skayona's company only, but it had been something good in her days--something to look forward to. Now? She couldn't even say if she would get to meet them, so because of this, she wasn't certain if she could watch all physically them go.

Opalia would stay long enough for a  goodbye, and would return to her brother soon, quieter than ever before, but with a hardening resolve. They wouldn't fail any more.
maybe my only reply or i might sneak in one more... idk i'll see but ;~;