The Heartwood I came to stake my claim like a canine waitin' in a buffet line
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
That flicker of doubt disappeared when Kyr offered her playful reassurance. Quell listened as Kyr continued, not bothering to interrupt to tell her she had never been close to her family until recently. She had already begun to wonder whether it would be perfectly possible to maintain a relationship with her dad while moving on with her life, although her ideation hadn't gone any further. Where would she go and what would she do with herself?

It turned out she could go with Kyr. Her companion made a strongly succinct case for it, even mentioning that Q could continue seeing Wintersbane now and again. It heartened her that Kyr extended the invitation, though the yearling shook her head lightly. She couldn't just run off into the sunset at the first opportunity. She liked Kyr, Mal too, but she didn't really know them, nor Neverwinter. And though she didn't feel as attached to Sagtannet as she wished, she couldn't just leave them in the lurch, not after doing that to Seabolt.

"Really 'ppreciate the invite, Kyr, but I think the grass is greener where you water it," Quell mused, tossing the woman a sheepish smile. "Speaking of hunting, though, I'm already a hunter. I specialize in small game. Would you wanna check out the local fare?" She gestured at the surrounding forest even as her stomach rumbled, her appetite returning with an absolute vengeance.
Members of Sagtannet are welcome to power-play Quellcrist (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not she's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!
Messages In This Thread
RE: I came to stake my claim like a canine waitin' in a buffet line - by Quellcrist - March 24, 2020, 10:36 AM