Big Salmon Lake Etched in the snow as it is in my soul
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
Kane appreciated having someone else here, even though he didn't know her. Strangely enough, it comforted him a little to know that someone understood what he was feeling or had been through. It seemed this woman had some knowledge similar to his, and had mucn more insight than he currently had. Kane watched her calmly, seeing that she was looking or waiting for others, but also carried on the conversation. It was ture, she did not ask, and Kane bit his tongue in realization. He needed to get a hold of himself and not be so broken as he was. 

A war, huh? Kane supposed that was what he was going through with himself. Kane mused on the thought for a moment before she asked him how he wanted to win. All things die at one point or another, and it was up to those to live how they chose to. Either fight with everything you have, or give up and allow death to take you. Kane inhaled deeply to slowly let it out a moment later. Kane knew that this wasn't him, and because he didn't witness the deaths of those close to him, his family wouldn't wnat to see him this way. Kane could own it all he wanted. It wouldn't change the fact that he was here right now by a lake and that he was safe. The others had to be also in some way.

"How do I want to win?" Kane started. "How I want to win is to not let others down when they need me most." Kane paused for a moment, looking at his paws in thought. "To fight for a cause I believe in to the death, and to support the others part of that cause. Not run because there is no longer a cause to fight for." Kane's ears flattened in disgust, but he pushed it aside. "Yes, we all die at some point, but I want to die knowing that I never ran from those that needed me most, and that I served my purpose to the fullest extent."

Kane looked up at the woman after he finished speaking, a sort of glint in his eye in the seriousness of what he said. It was important to him that he succeed no matter what and learn from his mistakes. The feelings of failure would last with him a long time, Kane knew. Kane wasn't sure how long it would go on for. Eventually he would have to eat, drink, defend himself, all the things he would need to do to survive, so eventually as he succeeded in these things, these very small moments, perhaps it would help him to learn from his mistakes better. The lady belonged to a pack, and he did not. Kane had no one to serve, and if he called it right, she was the one who served everyone by being a leader. Or at least someone very important. 

"I take it you and I are not so very different."

@Hydra
Pursuing MercenaryScout Masteries
"Speaking." | -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
Messages In This Thread
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 01:06 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Kane Ardelean - April 07, 2020, 09:52 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 09, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 11, 2020, 05:35 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 19, 2020, 09:03 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 24, 2020, 01:01 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 29, 2020, 01:58 PM