Porcupine Ridge i'm a sucker for pain
29 Posts
Ooc —
Well, at least the burning sensation was a good sign. It meant the herbal mixture was working to prevent infection taking hold. Though the treatment was painful and uncomfortable, Maksim was appreciative of the female's efforts to help him. He was a stranger, after all, she had no reason to aid him other than to demonstrate her good nature. 

Reiko's offer to apply mint to cool the burning sensation caused Maksim's lashes to blink open slowly. He exhaled slowly, and offered her a dismissive smile and a small shake of his head. "No, it's fine—" Maksim groaned, wincing as he lifted his head up in an attempt to meet her icey gaze "—thank you. You've done more than enough already..." He assured her, lowering his head back down with a heavy shivering sigh. Still, despite all that the female had done for him that didn't stop her from offering up more help. She offered him protection and food. "Food would be good." He responded, his voice faint.

Having spent the past few days struggling to find enough food, it was an offer he simply could not refuse. Plus, protection would be welcome. Maksim could not be sure that the pack wolves that attacked him would not be intent on tracking him down and finishing him off. It suddenly dawned on Maksim then. He couldn't stay where he was, not with all the blood around him, and still in such close proximity to the pack territory. The stench of his blood and the trail leading to the bottom of the ridge face was bound to attract unwanted attention.

@Reiko then, as if on cue, offered to leave him to rest and Maksim's maroon eyes widened and he suddenly grew tense. His weight shifted awkwardly upon the rocks as he struggled to try and stand in a blind panic. "No, I—I can't stay." His breathing was heavy. On trembling legs he made an effort to stand and move, but his first step forward sent a cold wave over him. His vision began to blur, his stomach turned, and his legs began to tremble even more. 

His second step forward sent him crashing against the rocks. Maksim fell down limp, unconscious.

Maksim has fainted due to blood loss, oops. He will come around after a few seconds, but will be dazed and quiet. Feel free to pp him.
Messages In This Thread
i'm a sucker for pain - by Maksim - May 15, 2020, 02:18 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Reiko - May 15, 2020, 02:30 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Maksim - May 15, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Reiko - May 15, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Maksim - May 15, 2020, 03:32 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Reiko - May 16, 2020, 11:58 AM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Maksim - May 16, 2020, 12:24 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Reiko - May 17, 2020, 11:59 AM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Maksim - May 17, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Reiko - May 17, 2020, 04:37 PM
RE: i'm a sucker for pain - by Maksim - May 18, 2020, 10:52 AM