Northstar Vale You're different from the rest, sister
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
Reiko was flushed and Hime was studying her, but not obviously so. She didn't care much for the verbal answers but she kept tabs on how her sister reacted physically, the way she got frantic, the tilt of her ears, all these things she could study and replicate when necessary. It had been a long time since they'd been together for any length of time and Hime enjoyed the refresher.

One wetnurse. That is better than I expected, but no maidens? She sighs, her eyes downcast, and then lightly shakes her head. The same sort of behaviors their mother would use when disappointed. These images were etched in to Hime's mind and would never leave her; she suspected Reiko would be deeply affected by the display because she had a heart, pathetic as that might be.

And to have these children without an Emperor; you know that mother raised you better, Reiko. Even if Takeshi was her husband, he was beneath her. They were meant to be equal - or at the very least, Takeshi would take control once Reiko had birthed these mongrels. 

Hime did not suspect that her sister could govern while being a mother, she was too.. Simple. But we can fix this too, she went on to say. While you mother your babes, I will take the burden and govern on your behalf. Now, before you object, Hime shot her sister a look: bright-eyed and charming. I have spoken with Takeshi. He is the first I encountered when I came here, actually. He told me of your state and how ill prepared the kingdom is. So, to help you in this time, we will do this.

It wasn't entirely a lie, which was what made it easy to play off as truth. She had met Takeshi. Their conversation had faded from Hime's memory by now, but remembering what he was like when they were back home, it did not feel like a stretch to claim all of this. Now, sister, do you need anything? If you have no maidens, I will serve as such until your time comes.
Messages In This Thread
You're different from the rest, sister - by Reiko - May 17, 2020, 11:55 PM
RE: You're different from the rest, sister - by Hime - May 19, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: You're different from the rest, sister - by Hime - May 19, 2020, 10:37 PM
RE: You're different from the rest, sister - by Hime - May 19, 2020, 10:59 PM
RE: You're different from the rest, sister - by Hime - May 19, 2020, 11:32 PM
RE: You're different from the rest, sister - by Hime - May 22, 2020, 12:32 PM
RE: You're different from the rest, sister - by Hime - May 26, 2020, 07:42 PM