Blacktail Deer Plateau somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Umi didn’t have a lot of other things to add other than to bring it close, but she was all ears and smiles, so Eleuthera had not expected a lot of pushback to begin with. The two were quite similar, Eleuthera realized the more they interacted, and though they both would like a nice meal she was certain that the golden lion would settle for a fun, communal experience just as willingly as the wolf would. 

They are both eager to start out, and Eleuthera trotted behind a slinking Umi towards the direction she had gestured in. They weren’t especially close to their target — the small herd of deer was also on the move, so to overtake them, the unlikely duo needed to travel at a relatively quick pace as to reach them and not allow then to wander outside of her grasp. The silence between them was comfortable as well as necessary. They both understood that deer were perceptive creatures, and they would likely hear any unnecessary chatter and be altered to the strange duo in their midsts, similarly thirsting for blood.

Umi seemed lighter than air compared to Eleuthera who, although she was a lightweight as far as wolves go, felt so clunky walking next to this fine, elegant creature. 

It wasn’t long before the small herd, comprised of 3 does and 2 late-summer young adults, was near enough to warrant extra stealth. Before the got too close, they needed to get clear on the strategy.
“I’ll stay here," Eleuthera whispered, certain that if she traipsed any closer, she would prematurely begin the process of hedging the deer towards (what Eleuthera believed to be a) fine hiding spot behind the herd. 

“You go somewhere over there," she suggested sotto voce, just assuming this vague instruction was good with Umi. Having never seen a cat hunt before, she figured Umi could figure where to place herself just fine.
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
RE: somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond - by Eleuthera - August 02, 2020, 01:53 PM