Sun Mote Copse Man or machine.
34 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Perdition found himself easily distracted away from the pain and the fear of the rain by the strange way that Towhee was communicating with him. Along with her words, which came out of her mouth in an odd, tone-deaf, garbled way, she was gesturing with her paws, too. He watched her movements carefully, trying to put it all together in his head. He had never encountered a deaf wolf before—that he remembered—nor any kind of sign language, so to him, everything about her movements was… strange. Without noticing, he continued to stare at her intently, though without malice. His gaze was simply curious. 

She explained that she was the alpha, and upon doing so, Perdition dipped his head as a sign of respect, before bringing it back up to watch her speak. His ears were pushed forward attentively, as her actual speech was a little difficult to understand. When she shortened his name to Perdy, his eyes flicked away in surprise, but a small smile of amusement graced his mouth, as well. She told him he looked constipated.

“Uhh,” he said, unsure of how to react to such a statement, at first. “I am not. I…” He paused, wondering how much she knew of his injuries. If she was the alpha, then surely Phox had told her about him. “Some time before joining you, I was struck by lightning,” he began, and turned one shoulder to face her, so that she could see the lightning scars better. “Since then, I’ve experienced… daily pain, muscle spasms… among other things.” The physical trauma of it all did not bother him to explain, but the emotional wreck he had become in the wake of his accident was another matter. “I…” He paused, sighed. “The rain, it—it triggers… memories. Pain.” He turned away from her, ashamed.

She was the alpha, or he probably would not have explained in so much detail. But, once again, he felt he owed it to the Firebirds to offer his weaknesses upfront, so that they were aware that they were taking in an invalid from the get go.
*Note: Perdition was struck by lightning and suffers a lot of visible (and invisible) side effects. Please feel free to have your character notice and/or mention these things in posts: muscle spasms/tics; grimaces and grunts of pain; general "resting bitch face" due to chronic pain; lightning scars along his back, shoulders, and partly down his front legs.
Messages In This Thread
Man or machine. - by Towhee - October 01, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 05:52 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Towhee - October 01, 2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 06:22 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Towhee - October 02, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Perdition - October 02, 2020, 03:33 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Towhee - October 02, 2020, 03:59 PM
RE: Man or machine. - by Perdition - October 20, 2020, 11:31 AM
RE: Man or machine. - by Towhee - October 20, 2020, 11:37 AM