Noctisardor Bypass Tends to reach the same conclusion
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
It sounded as though Arbiter already had her plans in order, and once again, Kaertok felt himself put out by it. He was a leader, but he felt so in name only. She relayed information to him, but never asked for his opinion on matters. His expression remained ever-neutral, but he felt the budding of... not hate, not really. Just a sense of I'm thinking of ending things. He felt he had given Arbiter everything she had wanted: Legion and children. If she had asked more of him, he did not remember it.

As for the pack politics, Kaertok found that they quite bored him. How could they worry about outside forces when he felt that the pack as a whole lacked cohesion? It wasn't as though he and Arbiter picked at each other, fought, or argued, but there did feel like a distinct sense that they were on different wavelengths entirely. He felt much the same about the others, too. It became increasingly clear that Legion was not working out. It's not you; it's not me; it's just the way it is.

I will increase my daily patrols, he said matter-of-factory to that suggestion. The children are learning things quickly. Except for Atuaserk. She seems disinterested in anything of value. Inukun and Piguktuk had already earned names from him. They were sharper than their sister.

Malrok will make a fine hunter. Pingasut will be a sturdy warrior, too.
Messages In This Thread
Tends to reach the same conclusion - by Arbiter - October 11, 2020, 08:14 PM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by RIP Kaertok - October 14, 2020, 08:43 PM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by Arbiter - November 04, 2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by RIP Kaertok - November 04, 2020, 12:54 PM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by Arbiter - November 08, 2020, 02:24 AM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by RIP Kaertok - November 10, 2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by Arbiter - December 01, 2020, 12:29 AM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by RIP Kaertok - December 05, 2020, 09:41 AM
RE: Tends to reach the same conclusion - by Arbiter - January 04, 2021, 12:36 AM