Nimbus Summit and that hell had carved its name on his bones.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
*Face Palm* I was speed reading trying to get a post in fast, I really was hoping for something to add to getting Vein trade as a medic. I completely read that wrong sorry. I’m going to pretend Vein didn’t say anything abut infection he’s better then that... *Places hands behind back, walks away whistling while staring at the ceiling*

Vein noted the relaxed atmosphere and the willingness of the stranger now known as Matias Trujillos to be treated, but cobwebs? No they dissolved to fast and did not promote healing, However this wolf was likely just going on a basic knowledge and things that mayhaps had worked, however badly in the past.

No, Vein was much better then a patch gap, he stepped closer and sniffed the wound carefully there may had once been only a slight infection but Matias body had been working diligently, now it just needed help on this last step

Vein stepped back and shook his head “I’ll do you much better then cobwebs and karma” he chuckled at his own joke then lowered his front end until the skulls lay sedately on the ground before he carefully backed out from his vine strapping and gave himself a hearty shake glad to be free of his burdens once more.

The white brute then busied himself with only one ear cocked in the direction of the magnificent shield-maiden and his patient so that he’d not be left out of the conversation, he noted how easily her name rolled off her tongue for this stranger, he was not the jealous type but it was just an interesting blip to note.

He sorted through the moose skull and found some dried yarrow, this was far better fresh but he knew how to make due as well, along with the Yarrow he found his store of Plantain leaves, common enough plant that did not dry easily, in this case that was a good thing, he pulled a few broadly lance-shaped to egg-shaped leaves, that contained five to seven prominent parallel string like veins from the base,

He frowned, and cast about until he found a flat rock, then he smoothed his paw along the top cleaning it off. Should he had a proper den he’d not need to worry about the cleanliness of his surfaces, though he was often filthy himself, his tools were never left uncared for. It was upon this rock that vein placed the Yarrow then he cast about again for another rock. Finding the driest rock he could he brought it over to his impromptu work station and began dropping it over and over again onto the dried Yarrow leaves until he had made a powder. This required a lot, a lot, of pick up the rock; hold it high above the yarrow; open maw; drop rock.. repeat

He lifted his head and smiled at the pair hoping he wasn't interrupting much, as he retrieved the Plantain leaves and brought them over to the rock. Vein then took a leaf and crushed it under paw while rolling it until the natural juices of the leaf were flowing but it still kept it’s leaf shape, this was what he was going to use to hold the powder. The sticky leaf would hold the yarrow powder upon the wound long enough for the powder to stop the flow of blood, as yarrow was a natural hemostatic also the blessed yarrow was an analgesic it lessens pain, and as a powder it was antiseptic to prevent infections. There is a reason why the two legged soldiers and healers had relied on the power of yarrow for centuries.

Carefully Vein brought his poultice over setting it down at Matias' paws, he motioned to the male’s wound “May I Apply it? It will stop the bleeding in minutes I guarantee it, and the leaf will fall off in time by then you will have nothing to be concerned about by this wound, Though I might just add sap to the edges of the leaf to ensure it remains on just long enough
Messages In This Thread
and that hell had carved its name on his bones. - by Matias - February 04, 2021, 04:17 PM
RE: and that hell had carved its name on his bones. - by Vein - February 04, 2021, 10:09 PM