Blacktail Deer Plateau I've loved and I've lost
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin gave him a silly grin, her face scrunching briefly with amused curiosity as he used the word "hankering". She truly enjoyed the odd cajun-y way the old man spoke. It was unlike any dialect she had heard before in her travels. It was like a soothing and fun song dancing in her ears whenever he spoke, which made his story-telling all the more enjoyable to listen to.

"It just so happens that I've been putting together a cache not too far from here," Fin replied with a proud wag of her tail, "Follow me, my good man!" With that, she turned their direction a little more to the North and padded off. It truly was not far, for only a few minutes later she was leading them up along side of a little creek that trickled between the trees on its way down the mountain at the Plateau's back. She sniffed around at the banks for a little while before her nose spotted the familiar abandoned beaver set, a remnant of days when the little creek had been much larger and more alive with wildlife.

Fin dug into the pile of sodden wood for a little while before stepping back to reveal the treasures it held. A couple of fish and some scraps of smaller mammals. "It's not much, but we've had such a tough time bringing down larger game that I thought it best to start stocking up on the junk," Fin told him, feeling a little bit embarrassed at how meager the stock was. She glanced to him hopefully, wanting nothing more than for him to give her a pat on the head and tell her what a good girl she was.

</style>

Messages In This Thread
I've loved and I've lost - by Sun Spark - August 21, 2014, 11:29 AM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Finley - August 27, 2014, 05:41 PM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Sun Spark - August 29, 2014, 12:11 PM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Finley - September 02, 2014, 05:24 PM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Sun Spark - September 05, 2014, 07:10 PM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Finley - September 07, 2014, 10:08 PM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Sun Spark - September 08, 2014, 08:49 AM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Finley - September 08, 2014, 08:56 AM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Sun Spark - September 08, 2014, 01:13 PM
RE: I've loved and I've lost - by Finley - September 08, 2014, 01:52 PM