Hideaway Strath i watched the work of my kin, bold and boyful
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
info on Yarrow if you are interested  If I'm rushing to much let me know and I'll change it

The pale healer picked up the plantain leaf and smoothed it over her paw pressing it’s moist leaves gently with his tongue, his tongue being more sensitive to the pressure then his nose would be, there would be no stinging with the leaf that would come later with the powder.

He left the leaf upon her paw and shifted above her neck deftly, carefully grooming the area swallowing any scabs he found rather then taking the time to spit them, he worked as gently as he could giving her a moment anytime he felt her shift uncomfortably and once the wound was clean and bleeding freshly he inhaled, he hated seeing her hurt. He picked up the rapidly cooling water from the hot spring and tipped it over her wounds flushing the last of anything out and worked on applying the plantain leaves as he had for her paw spreading them tenderly along her wound.

Are you ok Aerin?” He rumbled softly looking into her eyes scared he had hurt her in some way, he sighed softly before moving to make the powder

He had moved things to his liking in the alter not bother to consult with the other healers, mostly because he barely knew them. In this case he knew where to quickly find some dried Yarrow. He brought it to the altar and it’s nice flat workable surface. Vein moved quickly to his tools and found his circular rock and held it positioned over the yarrow then he began dropping it over and over again onto the dried Yarrow leaves until he had made a powder. This required a lot, of pick up the rock; hold it high above the yarrow; open maw; drop rock.. repeat. 

Once he had what he considered a sufficient amount of Yarrow he set a raven skull below the alter and very carefully swept the powder into the specially prepared skull it too was filled with amber to make a bowl and the inside of the beak smoothed to make a natural spout giving him the ability to pour powders with great precision.

He's picked up the skull as gingerly and as a mum would her newborn pup, then carefully carried the skull over to her and lay down next to to the injured white angel, this is the part that worried him.

His rich rumble was filled with the anxiety he felt “I’d like to pour this into the wounds, it’s will staunch the bleeding and the chance for and infection to set in however it will sting for few moment before the numbing effect takes hold. I do not wish to cause you more pain but this and then the comfrey poultice, I’ll make is the fastest way to allow your body to heal.

He showed her the powered content in the raven skull, staring into the depths of it as if he were willing the powder to never cause discomfort even tough it’s job was to remove discomfort shortly after use and to fight infections with it's natural antiseptic enzymes
Messages In This Thread
i watched the work of my kin, bold and boyful - by Necahual - February 15, 2021, 07:00 PM
RE: i watched the work of my kin, bold and boyful - by Vein - March 14, 2021, 12:57 PM