Ouroboros Spine The time I knew what happiness was
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He still did not understand, but maybe he was not meant to. She was confounding; clearly they wanted one-another on some physical level but she would deny him, choosing the likes of Adrastus instead of solidifying Raimo's position. She weakened him. All that he had been working to build here was at-odds with Kukutux' beliefs, and he had to wonder if it was all worth it.

Raimo was silent; he could not speak to her without the burn in his throat now, knowing his temper would get the better of him if he tried. He heard her but he was miles away.

Could he be with her, if it was only to satisfy her on a physical level? He had never heard the term consort before but that would have been the closest term for it. She did not love him; her love was for the dead, a fact he could not deny. She did not exalt him for his work, having given away his position to another.

So what did that leave him but bitterness? This was not how the story was supposed to go. The hero was supposed to get the girl and live happily thereafter.

Her eyes were on him. He bristled, turning away so that those eyes burned in to the back of his head. He began to prowl away from her but only went a few steps. Distance was the last thing he wanted but if she wasn't going to choose him, openly and to refute all doubt before the others, what was the point of anything.
Messages In This Thread
The time I knew what happiness was - by Raimo - March 24, 2021, 11:42 PM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Kukutux - March 25, 2021, 12:02 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Raimo - March 25, 2021, 12:19 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Kukutux - March 25, 2021, 12:28 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Raimo - March 25, 2021, 12:38 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Kukutux - March 25, 2021, 12:43 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Raimo - March 25, 2021, 12:51 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Kukutux - March 25, 2021, 01:03 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Raimo - March 25, 2021, 01:09 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Kukutux - March 25, 2021, 01:34 AM
RE: The time I knew what happiness was - by Raimo - March 25, 2021, 04:40 PM