Stavanger Bay xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë nodded occasionally as she listened, his words or maybe the look on his face when he spoke of not yet knowing inspiring her to divulge more to the Firefly wolf than she normally would -- more than she had any inhabitant of Teekon so far. "My name isn't really Lótë," she confessed softly, her tone hinting at an apology for possibly confusing him. It was her turn now to swivel her verdant gaze towards the break of the waves and the seemingly infinite stretch of blue. 

"It's Aiwëndil Iel-o-Elenwë," she told the Ostrega, feeling a rush of something like adrenaline or nausea roll through her with the words -- as if just saying them out loud felt like murmuring the name of some horrific monster, one that appeared when anyone was foolish enough to dare to utter its title aloud. "Most people called me Aiwë," she informed him with a tiny, lackluster grin -- taking mercy on Antares should he ever try to pronounce it. 

"I didn't know your people but I know what it feels like to lose everything, down to the very place you call home." She finally turned back to him, something earnest in her emeralds. "Kukutux honors them at Moonglow," she added, momentarily sidetracked -- wanting him to know this. "And I have promised to help her with this. With keeping her traditions alive and memorizing the lore she tells me; of her homeland, of Moonspear, of your kin."

"But what I wanted to tell you was that you can go anywhere. Be anyone. I have learned this,"
the two-year glanced away again, hoping she wasn't overstepping as she watched the gulls careen and twist around each other.
"I have even found..fulfillment in this."
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - May 12, 2021, 11:24 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - May 21, 2021, 11:54 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - June 01, 2021, 06:26 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Antares - June 05, 2021, 09:55 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - June 05, 2021, 11:04 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Antares - June 07, 2021, 12:12 AM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - June 18, 2021, 02:13 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Antares - June 21, 2021, 08:20 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - June 24, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Antares - July 25, 2021, 02:40 AM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - July 29, 2021, 11:03 AM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Antares - September 26, 2021, 11:45 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Lótë - September 30, 2021, 12:45 PM
RE: xxxvii. you've got a beautiful brain - by Antares - October 11, 2021, 12:40 AM