Jade Fern Grove ACT I SCENE I
25 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Sorry for the wait!

The sensation of soft locks brushing against Mateo's cheek sent what felt like small ticks of static up his spine. It was nothing but a touch -- a mere accident -- but it was difficult not to feel this flustered in the face of someone too ethereal to be real. Yet, the doctor knew better than to unveil his pull towards his own sex transparently -- expressing it to those he foolishly thought to trust was the reason he'd been alone and pushed away in the first place. 
So, he pulled his head back and politely cleared his throat.....

Other than their accent, Mateo had not thought much of anything in terms of language whilst speaking to the elven sprite. They could understand each other well enough to communicate, but the sire was just as curious for inquiry about Icarus' tongue as vice versa. "Thus far with the people I've met, I would assume so..." he answered. English had been the language he dualed on his home coast since adolescence, as it was a useful tool to use for their natives when faced with foreign traders or potential allies. Most of whom, to his knowledge, spoke English -- only rare instances reported a language other than that. Mateo came from the coast with the exception of English being a main language, and got that very same result.

"I would more or less expect them to understand me like this--" his head tilted to one side, "--que entenderme así..." then the other to put emphasis on his point -- though a lighthearted smile graced his features regardless when addressing his new friend. "But I'm afraid the only ones I've met to speak the ladder are the many I've grown up with on the coast, unfortunately."

Admittedly, it would've been nice to know someone who did speak his home tongue. Or at least, someone would be interested enough to learn.

A soft sigh left Mateo's lips as he let his haunches fall to sit, wrapping a tail around his hip and leaving space to invite Icarus to do the same -- if he wished. The steam of unfamiliarity had been lifted from the sunset agouti's shoulders and he felt comfortable enough to relax a little. He was grateful for the company, and wouldn't have any qualms to continue their little back and forth longer if it drew out as such.

"What about you, Icarus? Does your tongue reach the locals here?"

English[Image: d1hs4y0-59fec53e-3339-4742-bde1-2e5a0aaeda78.gif]Spanish
Messages In This Thread
ACT I SCENE I - by Icarus Helaine - July 01, 2021, 06:54 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Mateo - July 02, 2021, 10:35 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Icarus Helaine - July 02, 2021, 11:05 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Mateo - July 02, 2021, 11:35 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Icarus Helaine - July 03, 2021, 02:00 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Mateo - July 03, 2021, 03:07 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Icarus Helaine - July 04, 2021, 10:29 AM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Mateo - July 05, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: ACT I SCENE I - by Icarus Helaine - July 06, 2021, 04:59 PM