Jade Fern Grove ACT I SCENE I
test
5 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
[Image: banneract1scene1.png]

Ere one can say It lightens—

The tide of sun atop pale fur—brimming with warmth and devote fortune of fair weather.

Against the blooming flowers of summer's breath laid the nymph in which was nestled amongst the buds, the weeds, the blooms. Carefully sorting them with airy touches yet begets with mindful paws. 

A song danced in the sweet air around as he worked, soft like that of a nurturing maiden to her babe; These were babes—So delicate, so frail, so tiny.

So like him
25 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Ok his Rivenwood thread takes place on the 3rd so I'm gonna snatch this <3

Wander is what Mateo did, lost as he was since the beginning. The painted man hadn't found anything or anywhere that would give him a clue on which pack might've been lying in wait, but the scent of one was close -- or two? He could not tell. Someone who would only leave the territory to collect herbs in one spot wasn't a good candidate for "Knowing directions". Hence, why the medic was confused and lost in the first place.

He'd bite his lip fretfully, indecisive on where to go next, and wandered deeper until he'd come across a field of viridescent herbage. The wind blew, and Mateo hoped it would clue him in further on where this pack was -- but the scent became intermixed with another.

A small, angelic figure -- seemingly busying themselves with small blooms assorted in the grass.

Mateo opened his mouth to say something, to call out to them, but didn't end up forming the words. So the physician only stood nearby, not knowing how to approach, and not knowing if his approach would be welcomed....

English[Image: d1hs4y0-59fec53e-3339-4742-bde1-2e5a0aaeda78.gif]Spanish
test
5 Posts
Ooc —
Babe’s Breath, Summer’s Sparkles, Tears of Babe..;

The elven wouldn’t have been aware of the forthcoming stranger if not for the breeze in his favor. It’s tendrils coaxing towards him with scent of rugged land and water-logged terrain. Stiff as he reared his head atop the golden meadow’s confines, crystalline blue eyes burned in the sun as he blinked owlishly at the perennial colored stranger for long.

Heart thundering within it’s cage, Icarus song had long been lost within the confines of his throat. And in haste, lest he forget the memories of teeth, gathered his children against his breast with tentative jaws before attempting to flee towards forest’s path in a flash of white.  

O- Oh Prithee — no harm!” he sounded whilst bounding through the blades.
25 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

His silence,  or internal struggle on forming words -- it seemed -- was cut short when the cloud nymph's symphony would cease. The turn of their head and Mateo would be met with a pair of crystallines just as stark the boy's coat -- colored like crisp summer's waters. He'd look at Mateo like a deer in head lights, and the doctor (being who he was) became just as panicky as the other.

"A-Ah, wait, wait! I didn't mean to scare you! Im sorry-" The painted man mustered hastily while his front paws seemed to "prance" in place nervously. He hummed in thought with furrowed brows, looking left and right to see if he could say anything else that would help in this situation, and "D-Do you live...here?" was what eventually blurted out from trembling lips.

test
5 Posts
Ooc —
If it be true angels were real no doubt this stranger was one. His voice- malleable and soft like god’s gold, scorned the nymph from cherished tracks. Luring attention away from promise of sanctuary confines and back into spotlight of weather beaten hues. Captivated He was, with lowered head, Icarus turned to slowly approach.

Yet was tenacious. 

Elvhenan’s claim harbored His heart. Strong and steadfast with age-old traditions ingrained — Never to be o’er wrought. This Angel was not royal to His lineage; Not one of any He knew—A stranger. One He shouldst fear

Yet they sung beautifully. 

"Nay," The Nymph fibbs with shaking vocals. His Tree isn’t far. "Who is't asks?"
25 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

After opening his mouth to get their attention, Mateo's lips pressed tightly back together. The young boy draped in ivory silk turned to listen to him as intended, but even then would the sun-kissed augoti feel tentative about his approach. "Maybe they didn't wish to be followed -- maybe it was best if Mateo left them alone"; those were the thoughts that ran behind his creased brows and folded ears. Yet just as the medic had the idea to simply back off and leave, A soft voice would flow through his audits again.

'Nay,' The voice answered. 'Who is't asks?'

Oh....oh! They were talking to him!

"Oh, it i-isn't?" Mateo tried to confirm, taking a look around after steadying his motioning paws. Now that he'd thought about it, the boy didn't particularly smell of any pack he could sense nearby, did he? Perhaps they'd been unaffiliated like he was for the present.

To him would the sire turn again, lowering his head and flicking his tail -- almost submissively -- as to not seem like much of a threat. Thoughtful of their earlier behavior towards him. "I am named Mateo. A doctor from the bay..." That is what he'd meant by 'who is't asks', right? It was a foreign means of speaking he'd never heard before -- did the locals talk in such a way as well? Mateo would have to learn it in that case.

"And....you are?"

test
5 Posts
Ooc —
Feathered ears lay deeper within the curly webs of his nape. Had angel not believed him; was his forswear too aware? Fire begins to catch, far too hot, and before long its uncomfortable blanket twas too much for the swan for sweat beads upon a rosy nose. 

Yet the angel submissiveness is discourse, and inching closer, breast still kissing the ground, the nymph ventures. Barely breaths away as  attempt to sniff at the stranger’s chin twas made.

Icarus Solas Helaine of house Elvhenan, first of thy’ name and son of Ashalle Helanine,” The titles spill from his tongue in modest rhythm like the tides of the sun. Bestowed upon him since conception of his morder’s womb, the wolfling had memorized long before he learned to run.

“Good dawning to you, and...” A  whisper. “Salutations. Mateo, doctor of Bay… Thee are friend, yes?” Mateo— the title coats his tongue. Easy for the maiden to pronounce, yet wonders if that is all. Did this Mateo not own titles? Could it be that perhaps they were a commoner? Surely not, for all their beauty was fairest.
25 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

The elven boy draws closer towards him, and closer, closer -- until a distance was reached, and Mateo felt a breath beneath his pale throat when they'd approach to sniff near his chin. It was the sudden closeness that caught him off guard -- the feeling startled the skittish man a bit, sending a reddened glow to his cheekbones accompanied by flattened ears and a nervous lick of lips. Even so, Mateo allowed it to happen calmly -- to let them take his scent into recognition. In doing so, sniffing the boy from this distance as well.

Icarus Solas Helaine; House of Elvhenan.

The name in itself held an otherworldly regality that the sunset augoti couldn't help but tilt his head curiously at. Even in the way they spoke and carried themselves with such fragile poise and beauty almost made the physician feel out of place in their presence. "Icarus, is it?" A warm smile reached the man's features, and a polite dip of his crown was made. "A pleasure to meet you as well." His mention of a parent did not fall upon deaf ears, as surely, a name of such prestige would be inherited from more as well. Did that mean there were others like Icarus? A family?

The way name his own name was brought up, along with his title as doctor -- Mateo couldn't help but let out a gentle chuckle in response. He almost felt flattered to have his name spoken in such a formal way, though the medic wouldn't have minded being referred to by his first as well.

Icarus asked if he was a freind, and the sire took a moment to look back up at them with a thoughtful smile. "You are welcomed to see me as such. It has been a while since I've made new ones, afterall..."

Yet there was something melancholic to be heard in his voice at the thought of friends -- anyone he'd be considered close to for that matter...

test
5 Posts
Ooc —
The angel is polite; Icarus will not forget. Chains melt across his muscles, raging fire leaves veins slowly, soothing softly and in time The Elven begins to settle, though he gives distance after fill has been made—Cheek fur tickling—flowing softly in whisps against the cheek of his new friend as he departs.

Yet as he does he is reminded this realm was not of what he knew before. The words his angel speaks rattle within the confines of mind; Foreign. “Your tongue is common in thee lands, yes?
25 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Sorry for the wait!

The sensation of soft locks brushing against Mateo's cheek sent what felt like small ticks of static up his spine. It was nothing but a touch -- a mere accident -- but it was difficult not to feel this flustered in the face of someone too ethereal to be real. Yet, the doctor knew better than to unveil his pull towards his own sex transparently -- expressing it to those he foolishly thought to trust was the reason he'd been alone and pushed away in the first place. 
So, he pulled his head back and politely cleared his throat.....

Other than their accent, Mateo had not thought much of anything in terms of language whilst speaking to the elven sprite. They could understand each other well enough to communicate, but the sire was just as curious for inquiry about Icarus' tongue as vice versa. "Thus far with the people I've met, I would assume so..." he answered. English had been the language he dualed on his home coast since adolescence, as it was a useful tool to use for their natives when faced with foreign traders or potential allies. Most of whom, to his knowledge, spoke English -- only rare instances reported a language other than that. Mateo came from the coast with the exception of English being a main language, and got that very same result.

"I would more or less expect them to understand me like this--" his head tilted to one side, "--que entenderme así..." then the other to put emphasis on his point -- though a lighthearted smile graced his features regardless when addressing his new friend. "But I'm afraid the only ones I've met to speak the ladder are the many I've grown up with on the coast, unfortunately."

Admittedly, it would've been nice to know someone who did speak his home tongue. Or at least, someone would be interested enough to learn.

A soft sigh left Mateo's lips as he let his haunches fall to sit, wrapping a tail around his hip and leaving space to invite Icarus to do the same -- if he wished. The steam of unfamiliarity had been lifted from the sunset agouti's shoulders and he felt comfortable enough to relax a little. He was grateful for the company, and wouldn't have any qualms to continue their little back and forth longer if it drew out as such.

"What about you, Icarus? Does your tongue reach the locals here?"