Dragoncrest Cliffs i tell you someone will remember us
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Thank you for starting and sorry about this.

Every fiber of Haunt's broken body clung to life out of pure instinct. At first, she went through the limited motions because of the care being shown to her. Erzulie saw to it that she did not want for food or fresh water; that she did not have to live in her own mess; that the bedding beneath her softened the few movements she could make whenever Haunt found the strength to crawl.

But as the days blurred together, she began wishing for death. She barely moved. She refused to eat and turned away from water. Haunt no longer wanted to live, not like this. She would never recover use of her body. She would never hunt, never provide, never do anything meaningful again. She would only be a burden and a drain on Sapphique's resources. Haunt couldn't cope with the possibility of that miserable existence, though death did not come quickly as she hoped. Refusing care only compounded her suffering horribly.

"Erzzz...yie," Haunt rasped, speaking for the first time in days, her words slurred because the muscles on one side of her face were not only useless but atrophying now. She sounded like she felt: like a useless whelp. "Ki... me. Pea...z." She drew in a breath, tears hot in her eyes as she tried to get her tongue to enunciate better as she begged for mercy. "Ki...y me. P...y...eazzz."
Messages In This Thread
i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 01:05 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 03:37 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 05:33 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 06:10 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 06:47 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 10:05 PM