Ouroboros Spine lii. something has gotten a hold of me lately
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —

lótë stilled in wait of his words, breath bated until they had died out. she could not say she was surprised, though the relief she felt was astonishing enough. 

”i only wanted to be certain, to hear your thoughts before agreeing. i would understand if you had said no. as i told kukutux, six children is many more than two.” her words might have seemed harsh if not for the humor twinkling in her verdant gaze, tugging at her lips. 

”as for your heart…i would not take that from kukutux.”  she did not think she would ever be able to see more than a brother in his eyes. and despite what the moondrop hoped, she doubted whether there would be any children at second wife’s hearth in the spring. ”moonwoman has said that if the time should come when i love another man, i would have her blessing to make a hearth with him.”

”thank you — for your kind words and for what you are doing for me,” she stood then, and brushed her cheek against the ruddy peak of his shoulder in an embrace, familial rather than romantic. ”i accept. i will be an honorable wife to you, i promise. in time, i will tell my cubs the truth but while they are young…i think it best that we not confuse them by trying to explain. you are the only real father they have known.” this was all said in hushed tones between them, lest the little ones overhear.

it was not of consequence that their love for each other was not the same as what he shared with his first wife, it was still love. it was for that that she would follow him, and kukutux.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
lii. something has gotten a hold of me lately - by Lótë - September 28, 2021, 03:14 PM
RE: lii. something has gotten a hold of me lately - by Lótë - November 16, 2021, 06:19 PM