Duskfire Glacier may you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Ensio sat, gathered with his age mates. He kept closest to Arius, for both security and emotional support on this day of sadness and celebration. He stared at the mound, the filled in den that was the final resting spot of his parents. He would never see them again. Hear their voices. Get the chance to grow up as a child should, under their guidance. His eyes fell, downcast. There were no tears. He had ran out of those a long time ago.

When Lane spoke, the glacial boy glanced up. He nodded softly, not interjecting. When he found Issorartuyok, the bitterness and spite that once so often riddled his features was nowhere to be found. Just a quiet acceptance. Room for hope. For trust. Veteran spoke up, echoing many of his own thoughts and feelings. When he was finished, Ensio cleared his throat, sitting up a little taller.

He said his piece. "My mom and dad...they were everything to me." He glanced meaningfully at Arius, Wayfarer and Veteran. "To us." He breathed shakily. "I dreamed of growing up with them, here. Thriving. When they died...I was angry. Maybe I still am. I didn't know how to handle it." Another long look at the faces around him. "But now...I know that is not what my mother and father would want. This here, as we are now, keeping their dream alive for Duskfire is the best honor we can give."