Redtail Rise whistles and cricket song
88 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
He was pleased that Ashlar was not offended by his prying. In fact, he was happy to talk. That was good for Ratio because the shadowy male wanted to know, more and more, what Ashlar thought and what he felt. He knew that was dangerous but he had begun ignoring those warnings when the two of them had spoken after the fox incident and he continued ignoring them now. He was starting to feel...something other than dull. It had started when he'd found Prophet but this was a different kind of feeling. There was a brightness to both but they were far different shades.

"Better." he repeated, his voice clipped. It wasn't reproach but his displeasure with the word was obvious, his eyes narrowing for a moment. He would not argue that the others - everyone he had met - was stronger, at least physically. They were built for it and even though Ratio outweighed Tulimaq there was still great strength to the man. He was not one to be trifled with and Ratio often sought to avoid him. 

Ratio wasn't sure how he felt about fighting for Avicus. His head turned and he stared at nothing for several moments while he thought. Ashlar would have to fight? That was not fair. Ashlar was extremely valuable but it was not for the reasons that the rest of them were. That made him rare...like a precious metal, if Ratio had known about such things. Gold in an ocean of endless tin. 

"That doesn't make sense. Your value is not in your teeth but you are certainly not without value." he said quietly. He turned back to the chocolate male. His hackles still stood on end, but his body was less taut as he relaxed ever slowly in his presence. "Perhaps she does want them to fight for her. I think that is a waste if that means you are an exclusion." he was honest and his left ear flicked awkwardly Was he saying too much? "As for me, I am like you - it's not for me. I could fight, probably, but I don't want to. I don't want it."
Messages In This Thread
whistles and cricket song - by Ratio - April 04, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ashlar - April 05, 2022, 09:47 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ratio - April 05, 2022, 05:55 PM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ashlar - April 06, 2022, 01:51 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ratio - April 06, 2022, 11:40 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ashlar - April 07, 2022, 12:36 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ratio - April 07, 2022, 06:24 PM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ashlar - April 09, 2022, 10:20 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ratio - April 16, 2022, 11:03 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ashlar - April 16, 2022, 11:22 AM
RE: whistles and cricket song - by Ratio - April 16, 2022, 11:58 AM