Felltree Marsh It can turn your heart black
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The woman grows tense. No doubt she doesn't live in this area alone. Arashi knows best to keep his cool, but he certainly won't be fooled into disclosing any unwanted information.

We're no one to you. And I mean this with no disrespect, but our whereabouts are no concern of yours. In this moment, he steals the smallest of looks to Adlartok. If things go south, one man wouldn't be enough to take on an entire pack. 

Now he looks back to the red woman. Even past the blood, I know that this particular stretch of land does not belong to you. There are no markers, and we have crossed into no one's claimed territory. We have the right to pass through here, but you do not have the right to stop us, nor interrogate us. Because that certainly seemed to be what she was doing. As I said before... we picked up the blood trail and it rose caution on our end. As loners, we have no ties and no protection aside from our own strength. If that blood trail would have meant a pack of coyotes or a stray band of blood thirsty wolves and they were still close by, we may as well have dug our own graves. Even you yourself, despite being a pack bound wolf, should understand that survival is everything out here. If we weren't smart enough to cover our asses, we would be failing at that one simple thing.

Quite a speech, but he hoped it had been convincing enough. She could just as easily see right through him. In a moment like this, he had to be sure he was playing his cards just right.

Without giving her much of a chance to reply, the agouti man lifted his voice to the silent air once again. Are we done here? I've said my piece, and I would like for me and my companion to get out of here before whatever did that-... His snout whipped towards the blood pool, then back to her. ... returns. I'm not one who enjoys being a sitting duck.

Messages In This Thread
It can turn your heart black - by Adlartok - December 20, 2022, 09:46 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Avicus - December 24, 2022, 04:07 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Arashi - December 24, 2022, 04:52 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Adlartok - December 24, 2022, 05:15 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Avicus - December 24, 2022, 06:20 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Arashi - December 24, 2022, 08:32 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Adlartok - December 25, 2022, 08:25 PM
RE: It can turn your heart black - by Avicus - December 26, 2022, 02:02 PM