Two Rivers Isle What a wicked game you play, to make me feel this way
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich had slept for a few hours, his stomach somewhat full for the first time in days--although a fox was not much of a meal between two wolves. He and Adylaide had spent some time digging the den out to make it big enough for the two of them, and then they had both crawled inside and he had been overcome by the relative warmth and the food in his belly, and he had fallen deep asleep.

But it had not lasted long. He had woken suddenly and forgotten where he was for a moment. After remembering, he had sniffed the air to scent for intruders nearby, but all he could smell was fox and pine. Loathe to get up and step outside into the freezing air, he had shrugged his shoulders and lay there in the dusky shadows, and stared at Adylaide. She had still been asleep, and he had taken the time to study her... and to think. But he had not come to any conclusions about anything.

She loved him. That was all he knew. But what to do with that information? Out here, for now, it did not change much between them. It was still winter and they still had to stick together to survive--not that he would leave her, even given the chance. But once survival was no longer at the forefront of their minds... what would she expect of him?

And did he love her in return? He had laid his head back on his paws and thought hard about this. He knew he felt affection for her, and did not wish any harm to come to her. He cared for her, but in what way? He had never in his life allowed himself to contemplate a romantic relationship with her, especially given that he had cared for her since her birth. In his opinion, he was much too old for her--and yet, she did not care about that. All she wanted was him. And... he had to admit that that knowledge warmed his bones and made him feel soft and calm.

He had supposed that the only thing for it was to try. He would attempt a courtship, if she was willing. And maybe his feelings would make themselves better known to him throughout that courtship. With that decision made, he had finally been able to go back to sleep, and that was how she found him when she woke: still asleep.

But it was hours later now, and he awoke again, this time slowly, and did not yet realize that she was watching him--or had been but a moment before. He lifted his head, yawning so widely that his jaw cracked, and stretched his limbs as much as he could inside the den. He looked over at her and smiled, but his stomach tied itself in knots at the same time. Now he would have to speak to her. Good... er... morning? he began, and glanced toward the entrance of the den to assess the light. I cannot tell.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What a wicked game you play, to make me feel this way - by Ulrich - December 28, 2022, 06:25 PM