Two Rivers Isle What a wicked game you play, to make me feel this way
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich was so relieved that he smiled--and then the smile froze on his face as Adylaide went on.

"However, I'd like to add my own condition or rule if you will be so kind."

Ice chilled down his spine as he wondered what that condition would be. This had all gone too easily, he supposed. And then she spoke, and his stomach sank. Her words were like claws digging into him. What would they do if he discovered he did not love her? How would they go on with their lives together? Would they have to separate, then? And if so, how would he protect her?

If he did not love her, he would simply have to lie. He could not hurt her in that way, nor leave her alone in this strange wilderness if it did not work out. So it would simply have to work out forever, even if he had to fake it. That was the only way. He could live with that.

Of course, he said, his voice calm but distant. I would never lie to you. He smiled, trying to sell it, and then looked away, towards the mouth of the den again, afraid she would read the lie in his eyes, and hating himself.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What a wicked game you play, to make me feel this way - by Ulrich - December 28, 2022, 07:52 PM