Blacktail Deer Plateau come with me now, i'm gonna show you how.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I added some links to images so you can see what I'm trying to describe, since I will very openly admit that I kind of suck at such descriptions lol I have an image for what they'll see at the edge too :P

The storm growing overhead was not something Fin felt all too concerned about, even though it would have been much wiser if she were. It was fortunate for Fin that she had Kaihra along with her, who seemed to be cautious enough for the both of them. They were of a like mind in one respect, however. Neither wanted to linger for too long resting, though for the black wolf it was due to the brewing thunderstorm. For Fin, it was only because she was eager to get back to the fun of the climb.

She fell into step behind her packmate easily, her attention turning to the view since Kaihra was now the one mapping their path. It really was an incredible sight to behold. She liked to imagine she could see her willow somewhere down below them, even though it would have been impossible to tell one top of a tree from another. Once she decided on which tree belonged to her, she allowed her gaze to wander along to where she knew some of her other packmates denned. There was Peregrine and Fox, there was Blue and Atticus, there was Finn...

This was enough to keep the Blackthorn entertained for quite a while as the pair continued up, up the mountain. It was only as the world began to grow darker from the sun setting somewhere beyond the clouds in the sky that Fin slowed to a stop, her ears perking and head turning around. "Hey... do you hear water?" Fin asked her companion. It was quite an unexpected sound for them to hear so high up above the ground, but one that excited her immensely.

With a grin, Fin danced forward across the rocks to take the lead again, twisting across the cliffs until a path peeked suddenly out at her through a crevice between two tall peaks. The Blackthorn paused and glanced behind her to make sure Kaihra had kept up. Then with little hesitation, she slid between the rocks into the passage.

The pass was barely wide enough for the two wolves to slip through side by side, but it was only a short jaunt before the land unexpectedly opened up. Before them stretched a flat spanse of land, layered with rock and dotted with sparse shrubbery. The tall peaks of the mountain bordered the clearing so that the entire space was walled in but for the landmark's Northeastern border where the land sloped very gently downward and then disappeared completely into what Fin could only assume was an impressively large drop. Nestled right in the middle was a small, clear lake. The waters of the tarn flowed into a river that swept steadily down towards the open edge where, judging by the sound of it, they churned into a magnificent waterfall.

"Wow..." Fin said breathlessly, "Now this is one hell of a find, eh?" A grin was plastered across her muzzle as she said it. And it remained there as she whined eagerly to her friend and bounded down into the clearing towards the lake, heading straight for the edge to see just how far the falls fell.

Messages In This Thread
come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - August 31, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 01, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 02, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 07, 2014, 10:34 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 15, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 28, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 03, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 12, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 19, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 25, 2014, 06:08 PM