Gilded Bay everything i've ever let go of
172 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As she lifted her head towards him Andr leaned in expecting soft words. But all that was mustered was a touch on his neck followed by a faint from reality. This made him jump. Was she still with him? 

Gentle breaths continued to fill and empty her chest. He hesitated a moment before placing his ear against her side. A consistent heartbeat. From the little he knew of medicine, she seemed stable, but far from out of the woods.

He stayed by her side, sitting and resting in the sand beside the rock, for hours. Attentive to the sounds of her breathing as he hoped she could wake up. He couldn't just leave her in this state. What if someone had done this to her and decided to come back? Or even if she just simply needed to survive. There was little she could do in her current state to catch food.

So he waited... and waited... and waited...

The sun on the rock began to heat up. A small current of water rolled off the stone from her. As her coat began to dry and his mind began to calm, he had a chance to see her unique coat. A mix of dark and light, but somehow lighter than any normal white. An inconsistent pattern seemingly a layer separated from her, laid atop of her, or taken from her, he was not sure. A dark night sky covered by passing white clouds.

He listed himself from the sand and shook off her coat. Hopping onto the rock and leaning his muzzle beside her ear. "I will return. Forgive me" he said softly.

Food and water. Those were the minimum requirements. While fish of the sea would be easy to obtain, bringing water to her wouldn't be so easy. His best shot was to find the nearest freshwater source and bring her to it. He didn't want to leave her vulnerable, but it was a risk he would have to take.

Trotting away he looked back over his shoulder, then galloped off.
Messages In This Thread
everything i've ever let go of - by Iaghe - April 03, 2023, 09:41 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Andr - April 04, 2023, 07:31 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Iaghe - April 04, 2023, 08:41 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Andr - April 05, 2023, 11:07 AM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Iaghe - April 05, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: everything i've ever let go of - by Andr - April 07, 2023, 06:58 PM