Lion Head Mesa Hey, O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses!
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Beneath the looming arch, the shadow crossed both mazoi and served to shelter the prince from the glare of the spring sun. He did not mind the feeling of the chill, but it was the other man - who had called out - that pestered at him, urging him to step from the shadow and be fully lit by the light, as if that might change the opinion of whoever came to greet them. With a clenched jaw and a sweeping step, Harakhte did as he was instructed, then leveled a yellow glare towards the advisor.
Before he could say what was on his mind, there came the sounds of footfalls. Both the mazoi alerted to it first and moved ahead to intercept, iron in their spine and bristling, until they seemed to both realize it was not worth the effort to be so wary. The stranger was close enough to being wolf-like that they could soften their guard, but there was something angular about them which made both men nervous enough to exchange a glance.
Their introduction aside, the stranger was no threat.
We are here at the behest of your divine ruler, Lady De Vries. The advisor now said, and as he spoke the guards moved back a step, and then another, so that both their named prince and the soothsayer could be on display.
An invitation long ago given! Our journey has been long. Will we be welcomed? His voice turned harsh with judgement, exasperated.
It was the prince that now stepped forth to play the kinder role.
We are guests on the cusp of their land, priest. You will pay them respect. Harakhte chided his follower and with one look, the stooped man was silenced, and he went to stand with the idling fellahin at the rear of the procession. The boy named as their prince now looked to the Lady, a warmth in his eyes and an apologetic tone to his words. It has been a long journey. Months of travel far from my homeland. We were meant to speak with your pharaoh.
Perhaps that would clear some part of this up.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses! - by Harakhte - April 24, 2023, 07:16 PM