Lion Head Mesa Hey, O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses!
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
To hear the truth now, as it flowed from the woman and to his own ears, both the prince and the priest were surprised in equal measure to hear of a weakness in this place. No kingdom could survive without the divinity afforded by a pharaoh! Not unless they'd found their way through other means, as the dunes had. Harakhte did not let this news disturb the smile upon his face, nor allow even a tremble of doubt to surface there; he was royal and divine in his own right, and he knew better than to let any trepidation show.
All was well, for the travelers. They would be welcomed — given safe passage by the Lady, and invited to speak with another. It was not the sort of reception that Harakhte was expecting, however he was mindful enough to accept.
Thank you. I have brought attendants with me, he mentions the fellahin and at once, with fleeting steps, they are beside him on the left. Their guardian stands a few paces behind, watchful of them rather than the surroundings - but that's what the other two are for. So I will not trouble your own with anything. Perhaps my guards could be given a place to rest and a bite to eat? They are each under my command, but they are important to me, and have served me well so far.
There wasn't a request made for the priest, oddly.
Once we have rested I would very much like to speak with your amiir. He would not question where their pharaoh had gone — that seemed to him as dangerous as probing an open wound. Harakhte would keep the absence in mind, and no doubt conferr with his priest in the coming hours over what to do.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses! - by Harakhte - April 24, 2023, 07:41 PM