Blacktail Deer Plateau come with me now, i'm gonna show you how.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Lol, I wish I had a picture to show what I'm attempting to describe in this one, but alas. I'll probably have to draw my own lol. Wanna start steering this to an end here? :)

Kaihra's warnings fell upon deaf ears as the silver mockingbird sped forward into the little valley. She led them quickly along the edge of the tarn, dancing across the rocks in artful twists and bounds until after what seemed like an eternity, she was snaking along the little river to bring herself to the very edge of the cliff. A light sprinkling of rain had begun to spill from the heavy clouds overhead by the time Finley's steps ceased upon the edge, but that too went unnoticed as she beheld a sight that took away her breath.

The drop down was immense--far higher than anything she would ever have dared to leap off of. It was very nearly a clean vertical drop. Just one long stream of water spilling down, down, down until it crashed into a wide pool far below. Fin's gaze traveled along the path of the water to watch it wind into a river that snaked through what appeared to be a deep ravine. High above the river was a plateau that held back the edge of what looked to be the tall, fiery trees of Emberwood whose limbs stretched out wide over the ravine further north to create a canopy of flame. The opposite side of the ravine was not quite as steep as the walls that lead up to the aspen forest, but even from the distance, Fin could tell that the height was substantial. As the river progressed and wrapped around Emberwood to the Southeast, it seemed to disappear under a thick mantle of pines, alders and elms, finally dumping into what Fin suspected was the lake at the far Southeast edge of the woods.

Fin simply gazed for a few minutes in silence, taking it all in. After a little while, a somewhat louder crack of thunder brought her out of her reverie, and she turned to Kaihra with a smile. "Jump on the count of three?" she said suddenly with a grin. She was kind enough to allow Kaihra to squirm only for a few seconds before she shook her head with a laugh and looked back down. "I'm just kidding, not even I'm that crazy," she reassured the dark furred woman. Lightning lit up the sky briefly to illuminate their view followed by another growl of thunder. It occurred to Fin then that they ought to find somewhere to rest for the duration of the storm, but the feisty, adventurous part of her wasn't quite ready to let her good sense take over yet. At least, not without the urging of her fellow traveller.

</style>

Messages In This Thread
come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - August 31, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 01, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 02, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 07, 2014, 10:34 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 15, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 28, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 03, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 12, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 19, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 25, 2014, 06:08 PM