Gyrfalcon's Keep the rules have changed
Raventhorpe
Konungr*
bravo six
166 Posts
Ooc — delaney
while rusalka finds reassurance in her confirmation that such a thing has not fallen out of her notice, it is not, on it's own, enough to ease the pestering of grim what if's circling 'round in his mind like a flock of hungry vultures.

there is no sugar coating it, no candied promises that greyfalcon would return with fresh faced recruits for their ranks. there is a small shimmering flame of hope and while rusalka does not deign to snuff it out, he also does not know enough of greyfalcon to bank upon such things.

he trusts solveig, and he trusts himself. and he's starting to trust the crone who he guards while she tends to her duties in the temple ... though the guarding of it seems a bit useless given that at large it was just the three of them and the cubs. ( he would not dream of stating such aloud , not risking the wrath of any god that may be listening ).

but solveig has an idea, and she speaks of it to him, asking for his opinion at the end. the seaweathered cairn patriarch is quiet — his typical modus operandi — mulling it over before his lips part to speak,

i think that is smart, he begins. to say he has any particular love for the keep would be stretching the truth. it is not the land he is protective over but those that dwell within it's borders. land was land and if there was a place that better suited their children temporary or otherwise, he was happy to relocate. a good move and perhaps, if beneficial enough, one that would not have to be repeated.

he muses in a low, smoky purring murmur.

the question is, which pack? the diplomatic side is above my pay grade, a wiry grin tugs at the edges of his lips, ghosting chuckle lingering in his throat at his attempt at a joke. so if we have allies i am not aware of them. but i would not be opposed to speaking with packs to see if any would be open to such an idea. he offers his services, not really trusting the future of their children with anyone but solveig or himself; which drove his desire to be involved.

at any rate, he was not comfortable with the idea of parking themselves next to or in a close proximity to a pack that could take it as a hostile move.
Messages In This Thread
the rules have changed - by Rusalka - September 04, 2023, 04:53 AM
RE: the rules have changed - by Solveig - September 04, 2023, 11:48 AM
RE: the rules have changed - by Rusalka - September 04, 2023, 12:55 PM
RE: the rules have changed - by Solveig - September 08, 2023, 09:18 AM
RE: the rules have changed - by Rusalka - September 09, 2023, 01:19 PM
RE: the rules have changed - by Solveig - September 20, 2023, 09:48 PM
RE: the rules have changed - by Rusalka - September 23, 2023, 12:40 PM