Redhawk Caldera You can hate me if you want to, but it won't break me
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine remained utterly oblivious to his mate's proximity; all of his attention was focused on Blue Willow. When the word no left her lips, he felt his heart fall from his throat to the pit of his stomach. He listened, nodding mutely. He couldn't decide if the lack of a body made it easier or harder. He yearned for closure. Without it, there was always room for hope and that was a bittersweet struggle.

Before he could dwell on that long, Blue Willow blurted her plans for the upcoming spring. Although the two repetitions of Lasher's name made Peregrine's heart sting, a small smile curled over his black maw. He was happy for her. He had been supportive of this idea since the beginning and his feelings hadn't changed, even with the breakup. He loved Blue Willow like a friend and Lasher as more, even if they couldn't be together anymore. And while he supposed it was a bit soon after his brother's disappearance, they were only planning, not actually doing anything yet.

"Why do you look like you're waiting for me to bite off your head?" he asked with a gentle smile. "I'm happy for you, Willow. You'll be a wonderful mother. By the time they're born... I imagine Lasher and I may be able to be friends so that I can be involved with the pups," he added with a crooked arc to his smile. He pressed his nose to her cheek.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You can hate me if you want to, but it won't break me - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 31, 2014, 09:04 AM